EDIT: Topps actually (KIND OF) disgusts me <-Update

horfin

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
As a lot of you know I am a big Bowman's Best collector. I bought my son and I a box of 2021 BB in December (the day it came out) for Christmas. We received it around 1/10/22. When we opened it we received 1 and not 4 autographs (the box guarantees four autographs). I posted this in my thread about my continuing thread about bowman's best boxes. So I submitted the claim form as I was told to do after I called Topps customer support. They received the "missing hit" form on 1/18/22.

I called on July 19 and I was told they are about another 1-3 months behind, that I need to wait.

This is really pathetic. I'm trying not to rant, but how can you say on a box that it is "GUARANTEED" to have 4 autos, insert 1 charge $300+ and then make the person wait 7+ months to get what you promised?

I'm so angry...what other business (other than the government) could you get away with this?

Bill

As a lot of you know I am a big Bowman's Best collector. I bought my son and I a box of 2021 BB in December (the day it came out) for Christmas. We received it around 1/10/22. When we opened it we received 1 and not 4 autographs (the box guarantees four autographs). I posted this in my thread about my continuing thread about bowman's best boxes. So I submitted the claim form as I was told to do after I called Topps customer support. They received the "missing hit" form on 1/18/22.

I called on July 19 and I was told they are about another 1-3 months behind, that I need to wait.

This is really pathetic. I'm trying not to rant, but how can you say on a box that it is "GUARANTEED" to have 4 autos, insert 1 charge $300+ and then make the person wait 7+ months to get what you promised?

I'm so angry...what other business (other than the government) could you get away with this?

Bill
That is terrible Bill! I remember when you originally posted about this and was shocked to hear. I hope they resolve this for you soon and that they make it right with some really nice cards for your son!

All the best,
Mike

So I came home today to a package from Topps, as I opened it, I honestly thought there would only be one missing replacement and not three. Much to my surprise, there were three:
'21 Bowman's Best Autograph REFRACTOR Nick Maton BV $15.00
'21 Bowman's Best Autograph REFRACTOR Cooper Kinney BV $12.00
'21 Bowman's Best Autograph REFRACTOR Jose Devers BV $12.00

So, basically the lowest refractor Autos are $8, then $10, then $12, then $15, then $20 then $25 then $30 then the bigger players.

So although I did not get the rock bottom players, its pretty close to the bottom.

I'm glad Topps fulfilled their obligation; however, there is no reason in the world it should take 6 months.

Bill

Good to hear that Bill. It may not have been three big name autos, but at least you are three cards closer to reaching your goal!

Yes I’m happy with what I received. From all stories I’ve heard you always get essentially commons in replacements. Since I needed all three and they actually fulfilled it I am happy with the end result but not happy with not receiving them in the box originally and then having to wait 6 months.

Bill.

ANOTHER ISSUE:
I bought my son a box of 2021 Bowman Chrome for Christmas of December 2021. When he opened one of the packs we got a Reid Detmers 2020 Summer Camp insert, the card was bent along the top right side.

Around January 20th, 2022 I sent the card to Topps.

I received this from Topps this week (almost 7 full months later)
1) We are sorry the product your purchased included a damaged/defective card - Enclosed you will find Your Original Card - Past Year we are not able to replace
2) the original bent card

I have problems with this:
1) I only had about 6 days to get the card to them by the end of 2021
2) they spent approximately $5 to send this back
3) why not send a common card? I mean really, you are spending $5 to send me my damaged card back?

Uggg, this is so frustrating,
Bill

Well hopefully Fanatics will have better customer service not sure what their excuses were prior to but I would say that all the problems are simply they don't give a crap. Come 2025 they will no longer be in the MLB business so in their eyes why in the hell should they care. First they lost the MLB licensing and by that happening it put them in a position to sell the company so I imagine that made them pretty salty and who better to take it out on than the ones who kept you in business in the first place. YEP...sounds a lot like Topps.

Sad to hear that, it used to be when you sent in a damaged card, if they could not replace it, they would at least send you something for your effort to "appease" you. Granted it would not be the card you wanted, but at least you felt they cared. That is sad, glad I don't buy much baseball. The other side of that is that I am sure there are people trying to take advantage of them, just like the phishing emails we all receive in our junk mail, someone is always trying to get something for nothing, but I agree with you, if you are going to return the card adding something in since no additional postage, could have led to a positive result and good word of mouth advertising.

Back