Football eBay flooded with Calvin Johnson cards

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
ESPN started reporting on Sunday (January 31, 2016) that Calvin Johnson had told the Lions after the last regular season (2015) game that he was retiring.

While the story has not been confirmed (and after using replay, the officials say the call "stands"...hey, it's football humor... if you don't get it sorry... ) sellers on eBay have flooded the market with his cards.

What are your thoughts on Calvin Johnson cards? Going up in value? Going into the trash?

I guess that makes sense. I would really hold on those if I were some of those people, although this might be the time when his value is the greatest. It really just depends on how he is viewed in NFL history and whether he will be in the hall of fame.

I actually heard a story on the radio today about a guy in Detroit who is digging up some Barry Sanders memorabilia and trying to offer those together with Calvin Johnson retirement stuff. I guess it just goes to show you that you need to take advantage of the state of the market.

I actually heard a story on the radio today about a guy in Detroit who is digging up some Barry Sanders memorabilia and trying to offer those together with Calvin Johnson retirement stuff. I guess it just goes to show you that you need to take advantage of the state of the market.
Hey...if they can connect them go for it. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. If they want to use the connection that both players "gave up" on the Lions and retired in their prime...and you can make money doing it, I say go for it. LOL

(although, I know Johnson has had some nagging injury problems so he might not be "giving up" as much as Barry did).

That's my brother's favorite player. He was sad to see him go, but guy wasn't able to produce like he used to. Would you call that the Barry Sanders curse? No championship, and quite possibly be one of the greatest of all time at your position. Two of the greatest just so happened to play for Detroit and no Superbowls. It's a shame.

I think Johnson is different than Sanders. Johnson was starting to have health problems. I think he realized he had made his money and it was time to leave before he was crippled or a vegetable. I think we will be seeing more of this with the CTE issue becoming more prevalent.

I think Barry just got tired of losing.

Back