Baseball eBay Buyer Extortion

Nasty_Boy

Bench Warmer
I haven't sold on eBay in a long time and I swear, if eBay don't get you, the buyers will. (I didn't not know that eBay is getting me 3x now, eBay, Selling, and Shipping Costs)

So last week I posted about 30+ auctions on another account because I couldn't remember my old selling account, which had more than 250+ feedback.

So I had these Vintage Cards that were in terrible shape that I got rather cheap. So I posted up group pictures of the lots and took individual pictures and posted them on Photobucket. To which I posted a slide show with each and every individual cards in the lot showing under details.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110753564815
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110753569497?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

So a guy wins both auctions from me for a total of $7.16 + $17.50 for a total of $24.66 + $8.00 shipping for a total of $32.66.

Fairly low, considering he got each card for less than $1 dollar after shipping costs. But I knew they didn't get much bids because they were in bad shape.

I never stated their condition because I do not grade cards and people have various opinions of the state of a card. So I took the liberty to scan each and every card so they can be a judge for themself.

So he complains that my shipping is high. So I told him to pay the full amount. After I head to the PO, I'll refund him the change from the $8.00, which I didn't really have to because he knew the terms of the shipping. It basically stated $5.00. I never mentioned combined shipping, so I could of gotten him for $10.00.

So after I send it off, with DC, because this guys smells like a fish.

Total was roughly $5.25 or something like that with Shipping, Envelope, and DC. So I sent him back like $2.75 cents. I told him that that $2.75 was for Penny Sleeves and Top Loaders because those cards did not have Top Loaders and I had to put them in there because the guy I bought them from, had it in Screw Down Holders. And sending Screw Down Holders, would of deterred people away because of shipping costs.

But whatever I'll eat the Top Loaders and all.

So he gets it on the weekend and then today, he sends me this message:

Hi, I received the 2 lots today. I will say that 3 of the cards have writing on the back (72 Brooks Robinson, 67 Yaz, 70 Rod Carew). Also the 74 Bradshaw has paper loss on the back and tape residue. I do not typically buy cards with this type of damage and would like a reasonable partial refund if you agree. Please let me know. Thanks

Are you freakin' serious? I could of gotten $30 bucks for all those cards, without the hassles that this guy has given me, from Craigslist.

What should I tell this guy?

Tell him youd rather give him a full refund and get all the cards back. Thats what Id do. People like him are just looking for free stuff. It happens all to often now on ebay with the buyers having all the power.

Back