Football Dr Doom Belongs In The HOF

OilMan

Bench Warmer
To: John McClain
We the sports fans of Houston strongly urge the Hall of Fame Veterans Committee to consider electing former Oilers Linebacker Robert Brazile. Brazile is the only Linebacker on the 1970's All Decade Team not to be in the Hall of Fame. He was Defensive Rookie of the Year, went to seven Pro Bowls and was named All-Pro five times. Robert Brazile, Nickname "Dr. DOOM" was a pioneer for the pass rushing linebacker before the league recorded sacks and many have said that he was, "Lawrence Taylor before Lawrence Taylor".

Thank you for your consideration.

Those familiar with this guys history and play, or wish to research it are urged to sign the petition provided by Sports 610 radio, by following the link below.
Robert Brazile deserves to be in the Hall of Fame Petition

I remember Brazile's rookie year, Billy Kilmer (with the single bar facemask) took off running with the ball down the sideline and Dr Doom clothes lined him and about took his head off..Broke his nose and bloodied him up.
Crazy Canton Cuts: ROBERT BRAZILE

DrDoom.jpg

Thanks for posting the petition. IMO his career is easily worthy of the HOF. I did not see him play but the awards he racked up are evidence of how great he was.

While we are talking about Oilers I believe Culp should be voted in along w/ Brazile. Culp was able to dominate from a position where its hard to do well.

That is a very nice Brazile rookie..I agree Curly Culp should be in the HOF also, he was dominant for an undersized (height) nose tackle, but is getting lost in the HOF shuffle for the same reasons as Brazile..Played on crappy teams and in Houston.

The voters should have more knowledge of the game than anyone else since its their duty to elect individuals. Just sad.

I agree, both those guys should have been in the hall a long time ago, but could not get past what was a steelers dynasty..if you have a curly culp rookies feel free to post, i would like to see..thanks

That grade is shameful. Why in the world wouldn't it get an 8? I bet you could randomly pick ANY 1000 more 73s and not see one nicer.

Nice Culp..does look like the folks at PSA may have been a little harsh on that one, but you really can't tell from scans....Sweet card though, luv it.

Back