Dogs

andy

Collector Planet Original
Transactions: 2
Just heard on the news that some people in CA are not evacuating because their dogs cannot go with them.

So.......

They are risking their lives....

.....so they and their dogs can die together???

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I don't get it. I know there are some doggiephiles on here so maybe someone can help me out.

andy

But what I do not get....the dog's fate is sealed if your house/property gets lit up. Why stay behind and risk your life?

redandpewter55

Bench Warmer
Some people view their dog as their family. They wouldn't leave their kids behind, so they won't leave their dog behind either. May sound crazy to you, but to others that is how it works.

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
Just heard on the news that some people in CA are not evacuating because their dogs cannot go with them.

So.......

They are risking their lives....

.....so they and their dogs can die together???

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I don't get it. I know there are some doggiephiles on here so maybe someone can help me out.

First off, I agree with the sentiment the rest have expressed, Mooch goes with me 1st thing!

Second, I don't know where you heard that, but all the evac centers here in San Diego that I know of have made special provisions for people to bring their pets. People and local businesses have made lots of donations of pet carriers, pet food, etc, and Del Mar Racetrack, and several other places have opened their doors for people to take their horses and other large animals.

This was a big problem last time we had a major fire, and this was handled very well as far as I have heard.

Reiji

The DR Guy
Some people view their dog as their family. They wouldn't leave their kids behind, so they won't leave their dog behind either. May sound crazy to you, but to others that is how it works.

I've always understood dog owners, I've know a bunch of them who'd die for their pets.

Personally, I don' have a dog because of you know what, but I always respect them and their owners, I just try to be far away from them so we can all live happy.

andy

I've always understood dog owners, I've know a bunch of them who'd die for their pets.

Personally, I don' have a dog because of you know what, but I always respect them and their owners, I just try to be far away from them so we can all live happy.

:) me too. I have a love/hate relationship with them. They love me (esp my crotch) but I do not like being around them.