Do you have a strange hobby ritual?

lumm0x

Bench Warmer
Something weird that you do card related?

I know a guy that keeps waterless hand sanitizer st his computer desk and uses it before he touches any cards....

I actually have kind of a status rotation. Cards come in and immediately go into shoe box #1. From there they pile up until I get a chance to scan them individually to a collection file. Then they go to box #2. Here they sit again for a while until I get around to hand entering them into a spreadsheet and into my online pricing collection. There they go to box 3 which sits until I can take them downstairs and seperate them into the appropriate collection box into the PC since I like to keep all my cards in release order by each year. It's like a darn assembly line.

About the only quirk I have is any card that goes into my PC gets a brand new penny sleeve/toploader/teambag whether it is sent in one or not. :LOL:

I do still keep the nicer toploaders and stuff if they arrive in them to use at another time.

Peace~
Rima

Graded cards in a drawer

Schwag/Dennis/BP go in a pile

Bengals/Purdue go in a box

Also piles for:

freebie
Ken A.
To be graded/crossover
Refractor PC
Tallboys

my mailman comes between 10:15-11:00.

I get my mail and open all of it, if eBay I inspect it and leave feedback immediately. scan it if I deem it scannable. put in clean toploaders, and then put it in its appropriate spot (Rattay cards go in one place, LSU cards another, and so on) I also log any Rattay cards I get into MyCollections. Highlight of my day everyime.

I open the mail in alphabetical order, by sender.

Then, I line all cards up on my table, ordered by thickness.

I visually inspect each card, eating precisely three m&m's between each inspection.

I turn three circles in place, then recite 4 random lines from Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Putting on my genuine Native American moccasins, I file the cards into old shoeboxes, which are then stored stacked in the guest shower, next to the curtain rod collection and the used peanut butter jars.

Lastly, laughing gleefully, I burn any Patriots cards.

I visually inspect each card, eating precisely three m&m's between each inspection.

I turn three circles in place, then recite 4 random lines from Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Putting on my genuine Native American moccasins, I file the cards into old shoeboxes, which are then stored stacked in the guest shower, next to the curtain rod collection and the used peanut butter jars.

Lastly, laughing gleefully, I burn any cards other then Patriots cards.

:dance:;):D

Classic!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I got them all over the place ..... I need to start a strange hobby ritual to get them more oranized :shifty:

i open bubble mailers, take cards out of the bubbles, lay them on my desk and when i get a decent pile going, i than take and change the top loads and hard cases and then scan.

i have to have a big enough pile on my desk of them to start leaning to one side and then after i change the cases and such, i then put them into their perspective boxes

When I buy a box.

4 piles

Lions, Michigan, Soon to be freebies, Buckeye burn pile.

Ebay buys.

Switch into a new top loader or screwdown.
Enter them into My Collections on Beckett.
Throw them in a 5 row shoe box. In order of release and sport.
Throw my Michigan autos in my frame.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:cheers: Its like watching myself play with cards. "Are you suggesting cocnuts migrate?"

When I buy a box.

4 piles

Lions, Michigan, Soon to be freebies, Buckeye burn pile.

Ebay buys.

Switch into a new top loader or screwdown.
Enter them into My Collections on Beckett.
Throw them in a 5 row shoe box. In order of release and sport.
Throw my Michigan autos in my frame.

:cheers::dance::clap:

Back