Do you "Coin" your high end cards?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Lately I am seeing this statement more and more on the FB pages:

"Unless members "coin" their high end stuff then unfortunately we have to boot them"

Scammers are constantly posting high end on FB pages and sites and it usually takes two or three people to get burnt before the scammer is found out, so I am seeing people being asked to "coin" their high end items.

What does "coin" mean? It means that when you scan, or take a picture of your high end cards, you must place a coin in the picture so that the page (and it's members) know that you actually own the card.

Honestly, I am not sure how this proves it's your card... but I have found that when I try to move high end items, if I put a piece of paper saying "This is mine", and I sign it, and place it next to the card when I scan it, most pages/sites will allow the post.

Do you know of any sites that require members to "coin" their cards before they can post the thread?

Eventually there will be enough pics of high-end cards out there to feed the fraudsters. And, it's not that hard to photoshop a pic of a high-end card to add a coin.

A better idea would be to include a slip of paper with a hand-written note from the seller, including username or real name, or something personal that connects the card to them. For example, if you were selling the card you'd write "ranbethcards" in handwriting on paper and put it next to the card when you shoot the photo.

Back