Detroit Tigers get David Price at the deadline

natehaselby02

Rookie
Transactions: 13
Wow. That's all I can say. A lot of people don't like this deal because the Tigers gave up some good players. Honestly, Austin Jackson wasn't going to get any better than what he was and the Tigers have plenty of outfielders to go around. As for Drew Smyly, all he was ever going to be was a decent left-handed arm. He wasn't going to be a dominant left-handed pitcher.

David Price gives the Tigers a dominant left-handed pitcher in their rotation. It also gives them 3 pitchers who have won the Cy Young award 3 years in a row. Price is also under team control up through next year. It's also a safety net in case Max Scherzer leaves.

I don't know crap about baseball, but I can see the Red Sox seemed to trade off their team

I actually liked what the red sox did. Joe Kelly is underrated as a pitcher and Craig is a lot better then what they have in the OF. I'm not a Cespedes fan but giving up a pitcher that Oakland can't afford to resign was a smart move too.

one of the sports girls I like is a total Red Sox homer, so she was tweeting about trading another Red Sox player to the Yankees for a hot dog vendor to be named later

Yeah the Red Sox did seem like they were trading off their team, but they did get good players out of their deals. Cespedes is a good player that is under team control for awhile, while Lester's contract was up at the end of the year. I also liked the trade where they got Kelly and Craig. Craig can be a really valuable player for them. This is almost like when they sold off Beckett, Gonzalez, and Crawford a few years ago and it turned out for them.

Back