Football Detroit Lions Forfeit Season, Give Stafford Extension

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
USA Today reports:

The Detroit Lions spent decades searching for a franchise quarterback to build their team around. Now that they think they have one, the last thing they want to do is let him go.

Matthew Stafford agreed to a three-year contract extension that will keep him in Detroit through 2017 and make him — for the second time in his short career — one of the highest-paid players in the NFL.

Why Detroit... why?

I wonder if the front off is aware of this...

The Lions missed the postseason and Stafford's production waned in 2012 — he threw 21 fewer touchdown passes and completed 59.8% of his passes.

Maybe some of the defensive players need to start missing tackles, shoot past the quarterback when they have a chance to sack him... maybe let that receiver get 20 yards down field past the secondary for the easy score... then the defensive players can sign those lucrative contracts!

Stafford a franchise quarterback? This makes me sick. Put him on the trading block.. and see who wants him... at best he would be picked up as a "back up".

Stafford... the Valverde of the Lions.

Ugh, Tebow. People were gushing all over him, for no good reason. It didn't take long for people to realize how mediocre he really is.

The flip side, my Packers were doing great, but I told my gf they'd lose their fist playoff game,they had a bye the first week of the playoffs and I didn't see them being hungry enough to maintain, and I was right.

Sad season all-around. :(

Hmm, I don't do football but he's young still at 25, and like a goalie in hockey, cant always blame the goaltender for a puck in your net, when the players around you are not stepping up doing their job, and really, who are we gonna get ? Good for the kid, now he just needs more than just Johnson to bring in some TDs!

I think that Detroit made a good call with Stafford and even though hist stats have not been as high as usual these past few years, I think that he will step up his game. I think he wants to be Detroit's hero. Also all this talk about them not getting Tebow is getting on my nerves. Trust me its not because I like him, its because...well, I am a Patriots fan.

Back