Delmon Young traded to the Twins

really surprised the Rays did this trade . But i know they have plenty of outfielders in minors . got more pitching thats a plus for the Rays.

I read a pretty good an article on CBS Sportsline a few weeks ago about how it looks like the Rays are trying to run their team into the ground in a cost-effective way, and make money in the process.

Anyways, have you seen their design for their new stadium :shock:

newballpark-400xshallow.jpg

57_Ballpark_Upper%20Deck.jpg

I think the Twins made out like bandits in this trade. Despite his previous behavioral problems, Delmon Young is going to be a stud. He had a solid rookie year, and he has a lot of upside.

I agree the Twins got the better end of this deal, but Garza is no slouch. I think he'll be a solid No. 2 SP, which don't exactly grow on trees.

But Lisa is right... Young is a stud and will be a multiple-time all-star with Minnesota. When the Twins trade Santana and Nathan, they'll add even more young studs.

Johan Santana is next, then Joe Nathan.

Mark my words:

Johan Santana to NYM for

Carlos Gomez, Fernando Martinez & Mike Pelfrey

Joe Nathan to MIL

Twins are doing what I predicted they would and the first of the trades is in their favor HUGE :dance:

Johan Santana is next, then Joe Nathan.

Mark my words:

Johan Santana to NYM for

Carlos Gomez, Fernando Martinez & Mike Pelfrey

Joe Nathan to MIL

Twins are doing what I predicted they would and the first of the trades is in their favor HUGE :dance:
The Mets definitely want Santana, but do they want (have) what it takes to get him?

What do you think the Twins could get from Milwaukee? I think they could easily move J.J. Hardy (moving Bill Hall back to SS) and a prospect for Nathan. The Brewers need a closer with the loss of Francisco Cordero.

Dustin - The Mets have the pieces, it's just wether or not they'll give 'em up. Miniya needs to do something this offseason, or his ass will be in a tight sling.

Brewers, I dunno. Jeremey Jefferrs (sp) ? That may be where to start. I have no clue what Milwaukees system looks like, but the Twins biggest need is a 3B (maybe LaPorta, although he's a 1B ??????).

Dustin - The Mets have the pieces, it's just wether or not they'll give 'em up. Miniya needs to do something this offseason, or his ass will be in a tight sling.

Brewers, I dunno. Jeremey Jefferrs (sp) ? That may be where to start. I have no clue what Milwaukees system looks like, but the Twins biggest need is a 3B (maybe LaPorta, although he's a 1B ??????).
Perhaps Mat Gamel. He's a 3B and the one of the Brewers' top prospects. Gamel and Jeffress/Villanueva/Parra for Nathan, perhaps? Gamel is currently No. 6, Jeffress is No. 4 and Parra is No. 2, on the Brewers' top 10, according to Baseball America.

Probably could only get two and then maybe Villanueva for Nathan. Gamel / Jeffress / Villanueva for Nathan would satisfy me. And then hopefully Moses / Plouffe decide they want to play in the majors someday and get their act together at 3B & SS. :pray:

I can't believe the D-Rays did this. Nothing against Garza, as I think he is pretty legit, but Delmon was the unanimous #1 prospect since getting drafted in 2003. And now they trade him for one pitcher? Hell, if you knew you were going to trade him, they should have traded him before he came up when the hype was huge.

I can't believe the D-Rays did this. Nothing against Garza, as I think he is pretty legit, but Delmon was the unanimous #1 prospect since getting drafted in 2003. And now they trade him for one pitcher? Hell, if you knew you were going to trade him, they should have traded him before he came up when the hype was huge.

I wish the Giants had tried to get Delmon - shoot, I'd give up one of their young pitchers to get Delmon. around a 300 batting average with close to 100 rbi's his rookie year?

Garza is a decent pitcher, but he's nowhere worth what Delmon is worth. Delmon could be a cornerstone for that franchise for the next 10 years. He's a solid 5 tool player - .300 batting average with 20 - 30 HR's a year and around 100 rbi's a year. He's also a great fielder with a very strong arm. I bet the Devil Rays will be regretting this trade 5 years down the line.

Star Trib is giving the :thumbleft: on the trade. Everyone still questions Delmon's off-field attitude. I just see it as an intense fire and passion to win and compete at one's highest level. He's done something "wrong" in the past, appologized, and moved on. What if everyone dwelled on the lowlights of our lives on here ? Nobody would be friends and our community wouldn't be as tight as it is.

Just a mini rant, as some of the radio stations have fans babbling about Delmon's foibles.

Said it before and will say it again, the Twins slaughtered the Devil Dogs in this deal :dance:

Back