Decided to pick up some Yu-Gi-Oh packs/boxes, BREAKING TIME!

racinghy

Bench Warmer
Well, it has been YEARS since I have played this in person, probably 6-8 years to be exact! So I finished class early yesterday, and decided to head down the block to the shop. All focused on gaming, and I ended up on walking in on MTG game night...Anyways, spent $30 and got 5 packs of 2013 Star Pack and a Battle Kit 3 to help get me started again. Here is a little info and what I pulled for each product...

Star Pack 2013 1st Edition - 5 Packs
3 Cards/Pack, 50 Packs/Box
1 Starfoil card per pack
50 card set, each has a starfoil variation

WHAT I PULLED

10 Regular Cards, all monsters(6 Regular, 1 Synchro, 3 XYZ)
5 Starfoil, all monsters(Number 96: Dark Mist x2, Black Ray Lancer, Kurivolt, Friller Rabca)

My Opinion: Not a bad product, if you want to add a boost to your deck, then definitely pick up a few packs! Look online though, as the prices can be very off on some sellers!

Battle Kit 3
5 Cards/Pack, 10 Packs/Box, 1 of 5 Collectible Mats in each box
3 Commons, 1 Rare, and 1 Shatterfoil per pack
237 cards in the total set, 55 Rares, 165 Commons, and 17 only as a Shatterfoil, and each card has a Shatterfoil variation.
12 Different Foil Wrappers to collect

Little writing from DA Card World on it
Start your Sealed Play experience with Battle Pack 3! The Battle Pack 3: Sealed Play Battle Kit is an easy purchase to set up casual or organized Sealed Pack play, complete with your very own Game Mat to Duel on! Each Sealed Play Battle Kit comes with ten Battle Pack 3: Monster League Booster Packs and one of five featured Battle Pack Game Mats exclusive to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG series!

Every Battle Pack 3: Monster League pack contains 5 cards consisting of 1 Rare, 3 Commons, and 1 Shatterfoil - a new card rarity that was only seen in the later Duel Terminal sets. Since Battle Packs are now part of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series premier events, Duelists interested in Organized Play Events will want to consider the Battle Pack 3: Sealed Play Battle Kit to familiarize themselves with the exciting and competitive aspects of Sealed Pack and Booster Draft Play!

What I Pulled
5/12 Different Foil Wrappers
30 Commons(13 Monsters,7 Traps, 10 Spells)
10 Rares, All Monsters
10 Shatterfoil(4 Monsters, 2 Spells, 4 Traps)

What I Think
At $20 for what I payed, which also makes me eligible for their tournament on Saturday, this was a pretty good deal. I saw that these are selling for $14 online, so yes I did spend more. With the cards, it is nice to see a huge variation of cards as they brought the old cards from the first season to the newer cards, like XYZ and Synchro monsters. Overall, great way for new players to get started if they want to learn to play in sealed action as many of the monsters do no require any special summoning. Sad to say I didn't pull any of the 17 XYZ monsters, which are all shatterfoil, but now I want to try and get them!

If anyone is interested in any Yu-Gi-Oh cards, let me know and I can grab what I have out and give a look. I can also build decks if you would like, all cards are in various conditions as I bought them at a yard sale for cheap bucks. If you have a bunch and want me to go through them, give me a shout, and I'd be glad to look through them for you! Thanks for reading!

David​

Back