damaged card from ebay

cranium1313

Bench Warmer
I have never recieved a card that was damaged through the mail. the guy doesnt offer returns but i messaged him anyway. can someone tell me what im supposed to do if he says it's not his problem? do i have grounds to open a claim against him even though he doesn't offer returns? I mean look at this thing.....

megabyterex

Bench Warmer
cranium1313 said:
I have never recieved a card that was damaged through the mail. the guy doesnt offer returns but i messaged him anyway. can someone tell me what im supposed to do if he says it's not his problem? do i have grounds to open a claim against him even though he doesn't offer returns? I mean look at this thing.....

to some extent it doesn't matter what he says on ebay description, you should be able to open a dispute based upon item not as described, period. If anywhere in the description it says the condition of the card use it against him, like take it to local card shop and have the condition verified from them, paypal will call the store to have it verified. Hope this helps.

bjtheman1

Bench Warmer
megabyterex said:
to some extent it doesn't matter what he says on ebay description, you should be able to open a dispute based upon item not as described, period. If anywhere in the description it says the condition of the card use it against him, like take it to local card shop and have the condition verified from them, paypal will call the store to have it verified. Hope this helps.
Agreed, unless his auction states anything about the card being as messed up as you recieved it then file a paypal claim.

cranium1313

Bench Warmer
nothing mentioned about the condition at all but this is just in case. i'm still waiting for him to get back to me. thanks for the input guys.

tikitomoka

Bench Warmer
if he doesn't offer you return, then you have grounds to file a claim, but usually sellers will issue a refund for situations such as this

O2BMJ23

Bench Warmer
Yea most of the time the sellers do offer a refund. I bought a JR Smith ultimate collection rc auto and when I received it there was a big crease straight down the middle. He had me return the card back to him and then he refunded me. Just make sure you use DC# just in case he says he never received the card back.