Dale Jr out for rest of the year

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
due to concussions Junior will sit out the final 12 races with Alex Bowman and Jeff Gordon doing driver duties.

here's a couple questions to ponder:

1. Will he retire at the end of the year due to health issues?

2. If he retires, would he be voted into the Hall of Fame on his first ballot?

oh no! Dale Jr sitting out the remainder of the year? oh boo hoo... can't ride daddy's coat tails forever!

I honestly think he will retire. He has had success, made a bunch of money, and is extremely famous. He seems to be aware of the health risks associated with concussions an I'll bet he walks away.

As for the Hall of Fame question...I'm not a big NASCAR guy but I suspect that he will go in first ballot. Not because of unparalleled successes on the track but simply because of overall fame and branding. He is a good driver...perhaps even a very good driver but from what I have seen he was never an elite driver. But, he has benefited the sport in many ways and brought a lot of fans in. I think that contribution as well as being a good driver will get him in on the first ballot.

Also, on a side note the only major sports Hall of Fame I have ever visited is the NASCAR Hall of Fame and it was awesome. Totally worth it even for someone like myself who doesn't really follow the sport.

Back