Daily 3 stars

aceecards

Bench Warmer
to show off my high res scan bucket I just finished!

Grouped by sport and with a theme
At Fenway Park, Babe Ruth hits his 127th home run helping the Yankees defeat the Red Sox in 10 innings, 7-6. The homer moves the 'Sultan of Swat' past Sam Thompson into second place on the career list for homers and 11 dingers behind all-time leader, Roger Connor.

At Forbes Field, Max Carey becomes the first switch-hitter to hit for the cycle. The Pirate outfielder's performance helps Pittsburgh to bash Brooklyn, 21-5.

Very nice, Steve! Gotta love the neat little tidbits of information with the cards, too. (y)

Collegiate football standout Bo Jackson, who will eventually spend four seasons with the Oakland Raiders, signs to play baseball with the Royals, the defending World Champions. The Auburn running back had been drafted first overall in the 1986 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but the Heisman trophy winner turns down the Buccaneers' more lucrative offer when the team refuses to let him play two sports.

Sorry that's not a high res scan I guess it didn't upload

wow had no idea how tough some days would be

June 21st have to go multisport for 3 stars!

1963 - In St. Louis, Bob Hayes set a record when he ran the 100-yard dash in 0.09.1.

1942 - Ben Hogan recorded the lowest score (to that time) in a major golf tournament. Hogan shot a 271 for 72 holes in Chicago, IL.

1942 - Ben Hogan recorded the lowest score (to that time) in a major golf tournament. Hogan shot a 271 for 72 holes in Chicago, IL.

No image for the Hogan?! :confused:

Nice ones on the others, though, especially that Gehrig.

You know what impresses me most about that Snead? It's the $.04 stamp. Stamps are 10x that amount now! Doh!

1979 - Former WHA teams the Edmonton Oilers, Hartford Whalers, Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg Jets joined the NHL. The NHL had expanded to 21 teams.

and we end up with..

or this

Back