Craigslist Purchase

Crpalmi

Prospect
Transactions: 3
I guess for now this is just the "tell" portion but I'll get a picture to show everyone soon. My wife hates when I do this but it's been a few years since I did it so I took the plunge on a massive collection of what's expected to be junk modern cards from all 4 sports from a guy on craigslist. It's about 300,000 cards in all with about 2/3 of it from 84-94 and the other 1/3 is newer stuff from 2000-2011 (mostly baseball). The newer stuff has alot of chrome rookies so hoping to find a few hidden gems in there but obviously not expecting much. I'll take the next several weeks combing through it and putting together some star player lots and pulling anything that might be worthy of selling individually. The leftovers I can usually sell for $10 per 5,000 card box which would more than cover my cost which was $300 for it all.

I figured I would share the experience as I sort through all these boxes and update any time I find something note worthy. Again, this is not expected to contain anything great but I find that in a collection of this size sometimes the cherry pickers miss a few things. Wish me luck!

Nice catch. Yes those type of lots can sometimes contain real pretty gems, they don't often but when they do OH BOY!

I just enjoy the hunt and always love when I know I can sell a portion of the stuff to recoup my cost so anything that I do find is basically gravy. There are no auto's or GU expected but hoping to find a few inserts and RC's that may garner a few bucks anyway and will have a good time enjoying the hope and excitement of not knowing what's in that next box.

After looking further, it's probably closer to 380-400K cards as the newer stuff was in loose shoe boxes and I think he underestimated how much of that he had. Starting with the newer stuff and so far have partial Bowman and Bowman Chrome BB sets from 2000-2007 but it looks like most of the major RC's are not here. Still, that's probably a couple thousand Bowman Chrome RC's so there must be some $1-$3 cards in there. More to come.

Back