???Controversy???Split Title???

USC doesn't play anybody... ASU? Not really. I will give them Oregon as a credible win, but not even the Illinois game was credible. Illinois struggled with Indiana, lost to Iowa, yeah sure they beat Ohio St., but it was an upset (really didn't prove anything) They lost to Iowa and beat Western Illinois by 21. They just got lucky with the conference tie-in.

Oregon beat USC thank you.

If anyone chooses a 2 loss USC team who lost to Stanford at home over a 1 loss Ohio State who's only loss came against a BCS bowl, and who just beat a very good LSU team then that person (or people) should have their voting rights revoked.

If anyone chooses a 2 loss USC team who lost to Stanford at home over a 1 loss Ohio State who's only loss came against a BCS bowl, and who just beat a very good LSU team then that person (or people) should have their voting rights revoked.

not following what you are saying here.....but these are the same bunch of voters that voted USC as the AP #1 a few years ago.........they haven't left since then.....so don't be surprised if it happens again.

not following what you are saying here.....but these are the same bunch of voters that voted USC as the AP #1 a few years ago.........they haven't left since then.....so don't be surprised if it happens again.

What I was trying to say (let's assume Ohio St wins, as even though I think LSU will win, if they do it could make things more confusing)...Sorry if I misread your post, but I thought you said that USC might split the title with OSU if the Buckeyes win.

Let's just compare the teams (assuming Ohio State wins):

USC:
-2 losses
-Loss at home to Stanford

Ohio State:
-1 loss
-Beat what many consider the most talented team in the country, LSU
- Only loss is to another BCS team

My point is, it would be a cold day in hell before a BCS Title Game winning Ohio St and a Rose Bowl champ USC share the title

What I was trying to say (let's assume Ohio St wins, as even though I think LSU will win, if they do it could make things more confusing)...Sorry if I misread your post, but I thought you said that USC might split the title with OSU if the Buckeyes win.

Let's just compare the teams (assuming Ohio State wins):

USC:
-2 losses
-Loss at home to Stanford

Ohio State:
-1 loss
-Beat what many consider the most talented team in the country, LSU
- Only loss is to another BCS team

My point is, it would be a cold day in hell before a BCS Title Game winning Ohio St and a Rose Bowl champ USC share the title

We already been through one of those "cold days" back when USC split with the BCS Champs LSU......split title means 1 team wins the BCS and the other wins the AP #1 slot.

I vote for whatever makes the most whiney college football fans mad

:dance:

:shifty:

You want USC to split with LSU again.......you should have heard LSU fans the last time that happened!!!;) (not that I agreed with it.....but we did get the BCS Championship the next year....but LSU never showed:doh:;))

We already been through one of those "cold days" back when USC split with the BCS Champs LSU......split title means 1 team wins the BCS and the other wins the AP #1 slot.

Yup I gotcha:salut:

But there is no way USC should be first in any of the polls if Ohio State wins in my opinion

Yup I gotcha:salut:

But there is no way USC should be first in any of the polls if Ohio State wins in my opinion

I don't think so either.....I'd love nothing more then tOSU to be ranked #1 going into next september when they come to LA and get their @$$es handed to them:cheers:

back then USC was AP #1, BCS #3 so AP did not change their vote after the title game (nor should they have). After the season, USC is 6th in the AP. They are not jumping OSU, LSU, Oklahoma, Georgia and Vtech. No split title (now, there will be the local reporters who vote that will give them a vote, but overall)

I don't think so either.....I'd love nothing more then tOSU to be ranked #1 going into next september when they come to LA and get their @$$es handed to them:cheers:

Whoever wins the National Title this year will definately not be ranked #1 coming into next year, don't see it happening.

The stupid Canadian that could care less about college rankings and bowls says there will not be a split title.

/end thread

Back