Confused Buyer

lisu

Bench Warmer
Payer paid via money order - I shipped out last Wednesday, and he's harassing me about delivery. Now he's claiming that I didn't buy delivery confirmation - read below....Keep in mind that I ship everything using Paypal shipping with delivery confirmation.

The tracking number you posted is just that,a tracking number generated by USPS. You state in your shipping information that you ship using delivery confirmation,which is totally different and has nothing to do with USPS. Delivery confirmation is an additional fee that costs 45 cents and it is stuck onto the package like a large postage stamp.The second half of it is torn off and kept by the seller for their records,both of which have 5 sets of 4 numbers,has a phone number on the receipt that you can call and actually tells you over the phone when your package was delivered. Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Payer paid via money order - I shipped out last Wednesday, and he's harassing me about delivery. Now he's claiming that I didn't buy delivery confirmation - read below....Keep in mind that I ship everything using Paypal shipping with delivery confirmation.

The tracking number you posted is just that,a tracking number generated by USPS. You state in your shipping information that you ship using delivery confirmation,which is totally different and has nothing to do with USPS. Delivery confirmation is an additional fee that costs 45 cents and it is stuck onto the package like a large postage stamp.The second half of it is torn off and kept by the seller for their records,both of which have 5 sets of 4 numbers,has a phone number on the receipt that you can call and actually tells you over the phone when your package was delivered. Thomas

This guy needs to realize that they year 2000 has already happened.... either that or get his head out that dark and smelly crevace....

The guy is still confused...I dunno what to say anymore.

Lisa,no I'm not but never mind. Delivery confirmation ,although it states that on the label you printed,is not .Delivery confirmation,like I said yesterday,has to be hand delivered by the Postman to make sure package is delivered.Yours was not.It was just placed in the mailbox like everyday mail. If it is supposed to be done that way, you need to check with USPS because it is not being done that way. I buy Delivery Confirmation on every package I mail.It's a two piece receipt,one is put one the package,second half atays with the person mailing the item. Costs extra,that's why it delivery has to be confirmed. I cannot explain it any simpler than that. Thanks again for the nice card. Great addition to my collection. Have a great weekend!

Here is my final response:

Thomas,

Just a FYI:

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservices/deliveryconfirmationservice.htm

It's the same service. I get about 10 packages a day with both kinds of delivery confirmation (on-line printed postage and the slips that are purchased at the post office), and they are all just slipped into my mailbox. The mailman never hand delivers a package unless it is insured, certified mail, registered mail, or signature confirmation. Thanks.

Lisa

Back