Comments about this year's National

88commando

Bench Warmer
OK, I was able to attend the National on Thursday and Sunday this year and thought I would toss up my 2 cents and open the floor for others to do the same.

First I would say the floor was huge! It was great to see so much buzz about collecting. A lot of good energy. And OH MY GOSH the stuff! I apologize to all those whose cases need cleaning due to my drool :>)

Second, deals. There were some unreal deals on non-collectables. Especially sports jerseys. One place had team baseball jerseys for kids at 3 for $40. Yeah, those Majestic ones!

Third, kid friendly ideas. kids 12-under free all show was exceptional. It is a sign the industry wants to get the next generation involved. Now we just need the dealers/sellers to get that focus.

Forth, guys like Aaron (sorry bro, don't know last name but he is from San Diego) should be the mark of all dealers. He works hard for his stuff but his deals are fantastic. I have never been dissapointed in what I get from him nor in the price I pay. (I was not paid for an indorsement)

Fifth, if the guys who worked the "In The Game" booth are a mircoscopic look into the rest of the company then that would be the only product I would ever buy. I am telling you, stop buy their booth any chance you get. They are the best and the products are solid too. Hats off to the crew at In The Game!!!!!

Sixth, other product reps-Everyone was way cool to talk with and they were not all ****y about giving stuff away. They just did it and they engaged you in conversation.

Last, getting to see some UNREAL pack/box breaks live!

On the flip side:

One, the floor should try to be a little more organized by product or such. Example, vintage dealers in one area, collectables in another, modern cards another, clothing another or something like that. You get the idea. Yes, I know, some have a mix.

Two, better sound system or something. Announcements were hard to hear.

Three, if your booth/company is going to give away something in raffle don't toat it to be a grand item and then bait and switch to give away low end stuff and then have pack wars with cards they have to buy from you for them to win the orignal item.

Four, sticking to show times. While the hours for Sunday were posted 10-5, the place was half empty at 2. Yes, I know the dealers wanted to get home and all that. So, they should shorten the last day or make Sunday half price entry or such.

In summary, I give the show 4 out of a possible 5 stars. See you in Cleveland.

Post your comments/thoughts if you also attended.

88commando

Bench Warmer
Hands said:
Nice review... :)

What goodies did you pick up?
Got any scans?
Hands,
Here are some of our pickups this year. I have some more to scan in

2008%20National%20pick%20ups

Hockey

Hockey

Hockey

88commando

Bench Warmer
Oilfan4evr said:
Wow, some nice cards there. Congrats! Specially liked the Bower and Hall 1/1's...very nice!
Thanks-Those are great and, another reason the In The Game folks sit on my "A" list.
You should have seen some of the redemptions for Superlative! They were SICK! This husband and wife were there cracking Superlative and besides the unreal cards they pulled from the packs, they were getting ridiculous redemptions.