Football Colts Bob Sanders released

snick103

Bench Warmer
The Indianapolis Colts have released FS Bob Sanders, team owner Jim Irsay said via his Twitter account.

Not a complete surprise here. Sanders has been fantastic and one of the best at his position when healthy, but he's only played nine games in the last three years not a very good record :(

http://twitter.com/jimirsay

Sad day for the colts...

:( So disappointed...Sanders could have been one of the best....If not the best...Injuries ruined him. Sad day for the Colts. Hopefully he gets healthy and can get back to superstar status somewhere else. I love him as a player, but understand why he was released. When you play hard day in and day out, you're bound to get injured. Guess he wont be in the blue and white this year....:(

I totally agree

jackson0114 said:
:( So disappointed...Sanders could have been one of the best....If not the best...Injuries ruined him. Sad day for the Colts. Hopefully he gets healthy and can get back to superstar status somewhere else. I love him as a player, but understand why he was released. When you play hard day in and day out, you're bound to get injured. Guess he wont be in the blue and white this year....:(

snick103 said:
yea possibly but some team will gamble on him because of his talent

If it is it will be a min and 0 signing bonus contract. He has played 9 games in 3 year which equates to 27 tackles and 2 pics.. With the state of the league after typing that I am not so sure he will be given the chance

yes and he could come really cheap the Colts still may resign him at a cheaper price

wheeler281 said:
If it is it will be a min and 0 signing bonus contract. He has played 9 games in 3 year which equates to 27 tackles and 2 pics.. With the state of the league after typing that I am not so sure he will be given the chance

wheeler281 said:

That's what I think as well but there is always one francise foolish enough to over pay thinking the gamble will pay off (kinda dumb in this case).

dfr52 said:
That's what I think as well but there is always one francise foolish enough to over pay thinking the gamble will pay off (kinda dumb in this case).

man you can't feel sorry for the owners who does take a chance

wheeler281 said:
man you can't feel sorry for the owners who does take a chance

Nope, if a team does give him a large contract hopefully its only for 1 year and they have another player ready to step in and start.

Back