Status
Not open for further replies.

kclj520

If He Can Hold The World, He Can Hold This Moment
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Hey all,

Merry Christmas! You are playing for a custom cut autograph card from Jack Lousma, Apollo Era astronaut who flew on Skylab and the Space Shuttle....this card is to commemorate "The Mission That Never Was" as Jack was slated to fly on Apollo 20, but that mission was cancelled when NASA's budget was majorly cut in the early 70s.

20221225_213401.jpg

Pick a number between 1 and 30, one guess per member per day! Feel free to tell me your favorite space memory with your guess as well!

Compliments of the Season!

Kevin

In his two missions Colonel Lousma logged over 1,619 hours in space. He also spent over eleven hours in two separate space walks outside the Skylab Space Station in 1973.

Numbers taken: 10, 13, 20,

@kpit1978 that is an amazing amount of hours in space! I think Skylab may be possibly the least remembered of all the space missions of that time after all the excitement of Apollo. However, those missions tested the limits of human endurance in space and taught us a great deal about what we now know with astronauts on the International Space Station, and perhaps on future missions to Mars!

I guess I should have been a little clearer instead of trying to get clever. #11 please.
@kpit1978 I thought it was great info!! I didnt see the bold print!! Oops!!

Great guess too, 11 was the winning number!!

Contest is over! Thanks everyone for playing.....I have some new items coming in soon for some contests in 2023!! I think everyone is going to love the new stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back