Basketball Carmelo Anthony Isn't Considering Leaving Knicks

JoshSmith100

Bench Warmer
Carmelo Anthony can become a free agent next offseason, but he gave a strong indication that his plan is to re-sign with the New York Knicks.

"I'm not going nowhere," Anthony said during an interview Tuesday with Bloomberg Television's "Market Markers."

"That is one of the reasons why I wanted to come here to New York, just so I could take on those pressures and those challenges. A lot of people do not like to deal with the pressure. A lot of people do not know how to deal with the challenges they face. To me, it is everyday life.''

Anthony remains hungry to lead the Knicks to their first championship since 1973. He has consistently stated he expects the Knicks to be better than last year's team, which lost to the Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Source: RealGM

Do you guys really think Melo is not considering leaving New York?Do you see him being a Knick for the rest of his career?

I can see him staying with the Knicks. I think it's a smart move and he's become relevant again because of it. As far as being a Knick for the rest of his career? I'm not sure. It's likely though, he likes New York.

I don't know why hed leave.
The moneys good, New yorks a great city.
If I were him id hang on as long as possible with the knicks.

I think he stays with the Knicks, because it is his team. Carmello has a big ego, and the Knicks are awful without him so he is free to roam in the Big Apple. The Knicks have too many washed up role players and need a ball hog. Kenyon Martin? Amare Staudamire? J.R. Smith? Iman Shumpart? Tyson Chandler? Andrea Bargnani? New York is Melo land, and I see them trading the rest of their scrubs to find him some help before they pitch the only thing that they have going for them!

Attachments

• knicks.jpg
    knicks.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 128
I think Carmello should and will remain a New York Knick the rest of his career. He had a few decent teams to play with when he was in Denver, but with the players the Knicks have now, I think this is the best team he's been on in his life. New York would be smart if they continue to provide him with great supporting players and I think it won't be too long until they get a championship.

I heard that the Lakers may be interested in Carmelo. If the Lakers give him a great offer, then maybe there's a chance that he would switch teams. But with Phil Jackson now president of the team, I think that there's a higher chance that Melo would stay with the Knicks. I think that the presence of Jackson makes a big impact on the players.

He might stick around because of Phil, but I'm not sure if he's enough of a reason for him to stick around. NYK is just a flat out mess right now. Tyson is getting older, they have very few young assets and there's just not very a whole lot of good going on in NYK.

I don't think there is anything wrong with him staying with the Knicks. It's a team that he feels comfortable with and at home with. I always have a tough time understanding how some athletes seem to trade so easily, so this is actually a breath of fresh air for me.

Back