BREAKING NEWS: A-Rod tested positive for 'roids in '03

wheeler281 said:
Who care at this point. People need to move on. Thy have been in all sportsl onger then most of you were born.

Why should that matter at all. People in this generation should be able to appreciate untainted sports if they want them. Brushing it under the rug doesn't help the sport at all. The MLB should implement a 100% no second chance rule. Getting caught using steriods should get permanent ban, removal from record books, ban from coaching, and be required to return ALL money made by playing to the teams. They should also keep all samples forever, and as the science catches up they should be retested. That should stop anyone using currently untraceable substances as well.

Plus the only way these people should get into the hall of fame is to be put on a list of players who have been caught for cheating that should be the first exhibit that everyone sees as they enter.

Ground Support said:
I could care less about the fact he used, I'm just angry now I get to here about this everytime I turn on espn for the next 4 months..

haha, that is the way ESPN is. If you watch it for 10 minutes a week, you get the same news.

I don't believe a word he said other then he used. I bet he has used or is using untraceable substances. The only way to put this to rest is to, test all the athletes, test them regularly, keep the samples, retest the samples as new testing abilities come up. Ban any players that get caught doping FOREVER. If they dispute the drug test, then put them on a lie detector. If they find a way to fake a test, ban them permanently as well. This should be coordinated by an organization outside of any sport and should be subject to ALL major sports. If they do that, and subject all athletes that if they fail a test they lose all money from the teams, medals, records, hall of fame induction eligibility, and be listed somewhere within each hall of fame as a cheater then they would all stop, stop immediately, and it wouldn't happen.

Back