Baseball Braves Signed Baseball Project - Opinions?

I contacted them and I got a response late last night. They said they would check with their shipping department in the morning and then get back to me with a way to resolve it. Hopefully, they just shipped the wrong ball and it will be an easy fix.

So, I got a response. According to them...the baseball I purchased was actually sold off their main website and they failed to remove it from eBay. It was sold several months ago. Their shipping department then "shipped [me] the other ball not realizing the difference in signatures." I don't completely believe this explanation. I think the first part is true but I have a hard time believing that their shipping department also mistakenly sent me a different ball (since they were listed by their PSA serial numbers). I think they realized their mistake when they went to ship it and just substituted another Mathews ball hoping I wouldn't realize. I think this because the one I received became "unavailable" on eBay the day it was shipped to me. I don't know if everyone is as picky as me...but I very specifically look for nice choice items for my collection...so I noticed.

But, the bottom line is...the ball I wanted is gone. Unfortunately, I paid $110 which is on the high end for a Mathews ball but I was willing to pay the premium because I REALLY liked that ball. They gave me two choices. I can ship it back (and they will pay for it) for a complete refund or I can keep the ball and they will give me a 15% refund ($16.50). I opted to keep the ball. I don't really want to deal with the hassle of returning it and with the refund it cost me $93.50 which is an average price for a PSA Mathews ball. If I find another I REALLY like I can always sell this one.

So, here are the two balls. The top is the one I bought but didn't get...the bottom is the one I got. I really like the top better.

So, I just thought I would give an update. Since I am now back from my vacation, I ordered the display case and it came the other day. Although it only has 2 balls in it...I think it looks really nice and will be great once it's full.

I currently have TTM baseballs out to Phil Niekro and Dale Murphy and with any luck will have them back in the not too distant future to add to this case.

Back