Football Boxbreakers (Casebreakers) 2019 Select Hobby FB Group Break - COMPLETE

I never got my cards.😣 ugh... the post office here locally has been really bad lately. Do you have tracking by chance.
Sorry Jay, email sent with tracking number. Will talk to my PO to see if they can assist even with it showing delivered.

Two quick notes on the post: 1) sorry for the super long post 2) sorry if this is out of line.

I'll be the first to say that I am not okay with Cardsick having the Bengals, Dolphins, and the Chargers. I have enjoyed being part of this group over the years (even though I just came back) because it seems as though most people in the break are fans of at least one of the teams they pick. The fact that most of us pick up a second team (and third and fourth sometimes, Chris*) to add some value and help the break fire seems perfectly acceptable to me. As team needs change, someone has a hot team because that is who they have always had and we feel good for them because its their time for the payoff. That is not the case with him. Cardsick has as far back as I can find, only selected the teams with the largest payoff, this year, last year, and even before that. It makes it no longer feel like a group of friends breaking for "their team," it makes me feel like we are all fans of our teams, and we are paying to subsidize his investment. I know it is first come first serve, but man does it give me a scummy feeling to see that unless Cardsick is able to get a high value team, Cardsick doesn't support this group.
I look at people like Crpalmi who always takes the Browns, Po10sho with the Lions, and Vito with the Eagles who are always in every break and help make these breaks possible only to have all of the high value slots taken by someone who only wants the money teams. To me, that person is taking advantage of the fans in here. If Cardsick had been on these teams for years, or if there was some team(s) that he kept despite all the other jumping around, I'd have no issue with where we are now but that is not the case. Last year it was the Cardinals and Patriots, in 2018 it was only the Patriots, in 2017 it was the Chiefs and the Texans. Cardsick only supports this break when he can get premium teams that he expects to turn a profit on.
I personally do not know Cardsick and have nothing against him, but unless something changes, I'm going to get real tired of hearing "Another hit for Cardsick" after a year of him owning three of the most collectible teams this year. Having said that, I was really looking forward to breaking with all of you this year and hope something can be figured out, but I cannot pay my equitable share of this group cost to get Tristan Wirfs (which I am looking forward to because he is on the team I love), while one person has all three of the first round quarterbacks. It will be impossible for me to enjoy such an uneven break and hope that he chooses to give back to the group by picking up some of the less desirable teams since he will be so richly rewarded by the teams he has already claimed.

I personally agree with the post and also find the timing perfect. I mentioned last year that I am looking to pull back, now with this issue that everyone is dealing with I am done wasting $400-500 on teams that I don't care for and chased them for years and have not got the return. Chris has been an awesome group breaker since I started in his breaks a long long time ago, but would rather take my luck and open a box or two myself. Everyone stay safe and thanks for all the fun over the years.

Before everyone jumps ship, that was not my intent of the post. It was to hopefully have Cardsick either take up an extra team or two to allow more product to be broken and show some support for the core of the group or voluntarily back off one or two of the value teams to spread the love.

Thanks for expressing your thoughts and I get it, but this is a tough one as we have always had a fair share of "flippers" to go with our fair share of home team collectors. I did it myself last year as I grabbed the Redskins even though I'm not a fan because I was hopeful to collect Haskins as a Buckeyes fan and it worked out (although I only got one auto out of it). Cardsick45 claimed 2 of those teams months ago and kept them through the Select break which I don't think yielded anything so I don't feel I can designate who is and isn't allowed to pick up a team. If some of you decide to drop out I certainly understand and we will reassess if we move forward as a group or move to a random or draft format going forward. If dropping, I certainly appreciate all your support over the years!

Our RB2 redemption ended up going to Po10sho with D'Andre Swift and the TE2 went to Yzerisdaman with Devin Asiasi. I will email both to see if emailing code works or if you want the redemption card sent out. Only one remaining is the mystery auto card #325 so as soon as those are announced I'll update the thread.

I would certainly never tell you how to run your breaks, you have been doing a fantastic job for many, many years. And I really do enjoy breaking with all of you because there is a sense of community that you have built over the years. For me it really comes down to the concept of symbiotic or parasitic relationships. As long as the flippers leave a little meat on the bones (the high value teams) for the home team supporters or give back by picking up extra teams, everyone is happy because we all benefit from the symbiotic relationship; flippers get a top team or two and team fans get more product of their team. When the flippers take all of the available high value teams without picking up extra teams, the relationship becomes parasitic with the invader killing the host for the short term benefit. I'm certainly not saying that this group is going to die because of the actions of one person, but one person can hurt the long term success of the group. I hope that Cardsick can see that a little sacrifice now is better for his long term prospects.

Back