Boston Celtics @ Indiana Pacers IP autographs

Ndudi44Ebi

Bench Warmer
Yesterday the Celtics were in Indy to play the Pacers of course, and most importantly though, the Pacers beat them again, 2 years in a row now. :D The game was insane, especially with me sitting right in the center of this huge ring of Celtics fans lol. It was funny that they were quiet for most of the second half haha. For anybody that wants to know, the only 3 Pacers out before the game were Luther Head, Granger, and Ford. Head and Granger signed, but definitely not Ford lol. I was thinking about going to the hotel for the Celtics, but after driving by the main hotel and seeing that they were definitely not there, I decided to just go on to the game early as I didn't want to go around all over the city and get turned down by most of the players (if you didn't know, the Celtics are THE worst signing team in the league right now). Anyway, as soon as we got let into the game, I walked the sideline to the Celtics' tunnel, and Kendrick Perkins was sitting in the 1st row of seats. He was talking with some person from the Celtics (like a trainer or something) and as I walked by him, I gave him a slight wave and said "Hey, Kendrick" and he stopped his conversation with the other guy, looked to me, and said "Whassup man" and went back to his conversation. I thought that was pretty cool as I thought I'd get ignored completely or something lol. Anyway here's some notes on the other players that were out at shootaround:

Brian Scalabrine: signed for just the other side of the tunnel. My side keep politely asking him, but he turned his head and looked at us, gave us a wave, and ran in to the tunnel. lmao.

Tyronn Lue: thought he would definitely signed as it looked like he would, but he jogged into the tunnel, not looking at anybody in the face, and just swinging his head in different directions to not look at us and to not sign lol...sort of like a "No please don't bother me to sign autographs today."

J.R. Giddens: took all shootaround and as we had to move out of the tunnel, he ran by not thinking about signing. I thought he would at least look to sign for somebody as he has always been a great signer (even though we were all moving out of the stands), but he ran on in to the tunnel...oh well.

Bill Walker: He has got to be the nicest player on this team. He always signs at the game for every single person (each of the last 2 seasons now). I believe he's 1 per, but he'll make sure that everybody has something signed that wants something signed by him. Very talkative too with the fans. I didn't expect him to be with the team because he just had another knee surgery, but he was shooting the ball well during shootaround.

Rasheed Wallace: Ran through the tunnel in and out and never thought about signing, as usual though.

Rajon Rondo: Only signed for me...maybe 1 other person, can't recall. I do know that I was the only person to get both Rondo and Perkins though (see next line). Rondo didn't say anything, but I'm just glad I was able to get him, even if he did sign my item upside-down. He just half-glanced at my item to sign and I was very surprised it was in the spot of where i wanted it lol. As he was coming off the court, he came to my side, skipped the first 2 people, I put my marker out there closer to him so he would pick it up, he did, signed the item, and ran in after that.

Kendrick Perkins: Took his time on the 3 autographs he signed...he didn't just scribble real quick on the items which was nice. Once he signed a card for me, he looked up and said "Sorry guys, but I gotta go!" and then ran in real quick lol.

Scans:
11-15-2009114317AM.jpg

Also:

I was waiting for a couple of the Celtics to come off the court there at the end (Hudson, Giddens, Lue...) and I see Danny's dad walking by...I got his attention and talking to him very briefly and he then walked on and stopped to talk to a security guy he knows. After he got done talking to the security guy, I got his attention again and called him over as I forgot I had a team bag full of cards for Danny Granger, Jr. to keep. So I talked to him for a bit and his dad was checking out the cards a little while doing so and he said he'd definitely make sure that Danny, Jr. would get them after the game. :D

That's it for this game...This is definitely the best successes I've seen from this team on the road in the past 3 seasons and I'm still in a little bit of shock that I was able to get 2/5 starters to sign. My next game is on Black Friday with the Dallas Mavs and I will probably do hotel and game for autographs. Thanks for looking and please post any comments you may have!! Thanks!

Back