1. Oklahoma
2. Ohio State
3. Missouri
4. Kansas
5. Virginia Tech
6. LSU

:shifty:

:roflmao:

The only one that makes me laugh as hard is Richt putting himself (Georgia) at #2 ahead of LSU. Methinks if LSU had been ranked ahead of a Georgia team that won the SEC Championship game they would be pretty pissed off.

are you saying that if Georgia had played in the SEC Title game, WON said title game against an opponent that beat LSU by 21 points and LSU then passed in the polls you wouldn't be upset?
Of course I would be upset, but to say Georgia doesn't deserve a shot is stupid. LSU lost twice since Georgia lost that game to Tenn. Why did everyone rank Georgia ahead of LSU last week when they knew we couldn't win the SEC. Make it a rule, or don't us that excuse.

It should be a rule and it appears may of the voters agree ;)

As for the polls any bets that if Stoops had to bet his salary for Kansasor Mizzou against LSU he would take LSU in both cases. Stoops shouls show integrity instead of pimping his team. And that goes for every coach associated with this poll.

It shouldn't be a rule... there's always exceptions. It's possible to have two teams in the same division in the same conference who are the top-2 teams in the nation. So they should never make it a rule.

I can see why LSU jumped Georgia. It's simply because their win over UT was one more quality win and pushed them over the hump. If there were no conference championship games, than Mizzou would be playing tOSU. So Georgia was out either way.

But I don't blame Richt for voting UGA #2. He loves UGA. I hate UGA and I would've voted them in the top-two.:)

But it does show how political this MNC really is. Stoops did what he had to do to get his team and his conference some love. And Richt did what he had to do.

Plus, because these polls are public, there has to be payback involved sometimes. In 2004, Richt voted Auburn #4 even though there were only 3 undefeated teams. So this year, Tubs voted UGA #5 just behind #4 Hawaii. Could've been a little payback involved there.

My prediction, if there was an 8-team playoff, is that Vegas would give Georgia the best odds and would probably have Ohio St with the 5th-best.

Doesn't this then make mute all the cries people have for the Big 10 and Pac 10 to have a conference tournament (what I like to call the 'regular season' for the Pac 10)? If the true champion isn't decided then whats the point (besides money). BTW, I think the two teams playing the best right now are Georgia and USC.

Oklahoma beat number 1 so why shouldnt they be number 1 now?;)

maybe its not the best top 6 really but you know coaches do this and its not like they were unranked and he put them at 1

I definitely don't like this Top 6........I'll take LSU and UGA being in front of USC......I don't think anyone would disagree with me on that......those 2 teams deserve to be ahead of USC......maybe even VT.......but Mizzou, KU and OSU????? Get the "F" outta here!!!! USC would bitch slap anyone of those 3 teams! IMHO, USC should be #4.......OSU runs the table all year against "nobody".....and loses to one of those "nobody" teams, sits on their @$$es for the last week of the season and gets handed a BCS Title Game selection:ban:

maybe its not the best top 6 really but you know coaches do this and its not like they were unranked and he put them at 1

Honestly let me clarify since people know I hate Oklahoma. i have no issue with Oklahoma #1 since they are playing as well as USC and Georgia now. Laughing at 3 and 4 :D

Bottom line:

#1. It is childish

#2. It is stupid for a coach vote to be part of the formula

#3. There is no reason why a team needs to win its conference to be in the NC game

#4 This is the most ridiculous method of crowning a champion in any sport

#5. The Pac 10 regular season is not even close to the same as a championship game

Bob Stoops always makes me laugh all the way back to 2003 when at halftime of the BCS Title game against LSU when being interviewed he corrected the interviewer that said LSU had the #1 ranked defense. He said NO we have the #1 ranked defense, they have the #1 ranked scoring defense all huffy. Which was true, found it funny since to open up the second half Marcus Spears promptly scores a defensive touchdown.:cheers::roflmao:

Andy, there are 10 teams. THey all play each other. Best team is left standing, how is that not the best way?

Home field advantage, injuries, morale, etc. Not the same team as in week 1. A conference should want its current best team as champion. I know they didnt play everyone, but Oklahoma is clearly the best in the Big 12 but under your method they are not champions.

Home field advantage, injuries, morale, etc. Not the same team as in week 1. A conference should want its current best team as champion. I know they didnt play everyone, but Oklahoma is clearly the best in the Big 12 but under your method they are not champions.

1-USC is the best team and they made it through...

2-Oklahoma could have been the champs under our method because KU and MU would have had to play the rest of the schools in the BIG 12. KU missed the better ones, MU missed UT.

Back