BlowoutCards Data Breach

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
For those of you who buy cards at Blowout using your credit card, just a heads up to keep an eye on your account activity. 3 days ago I received an email from them saying that some information had potentially been compromised. Here are the details from the email:

Information compromised include the names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, credit or debit card numbers, card expiration dates, and card verification codes for customers who checked out via our website shopping cart in January 2017 through April 20th, 2017. This security breach was limited to credit and debit card customers.

Today I received an unauthorized charge of $400+ to my credit card, likely as a result of this data breach. Again, if you used your credit card at Blowout between the dates specified, I highly recommend going ahead and requesting a new card as soon as possible. I simply hadn't had time to sit down and get it done and I paid for it. Luckily the lady I spoke with thought that I caught it quick enough (I get instant charge notification emails) that they'll be able to reverse the charge and credit my account back.

its been years since I bought cards using a credit card...I had tons of blowout credit from the au/gu trade in program a couple years ago and for some reason I use dave & adams over blowout most of the time...just got supplies and some boxes from d&a a week ago...usually use paypal balance guest checkout

I guess that's definitely what I'll do from now on if I use blowout again but I get rewards when I use my credit card and no interest so I'd rather use that. May just have to buy my cards somewhere else. Ha!

Back