Racing Bill Elliott - Retired From Racing?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
I have to agree with his comment about driving just a couple races a year... " But, the way I look at it, if I keep doing that then I'm taking away from somebody else getting in a car..." It's been fun watching him over the years, but it is time to step down.

Per Jayski.com:

No more Cup races for Bill Elliott? Although it's been a quarter of a century, Bill Elliott remembers his first short track win at Bristol Motor Speedway like it was yesterday. In a recent interview, Elliott talked about that win, racing at BMS and his son Chase's career, among other topics. Following is a transcript in part about his plans to race in 2013:
Q) You competed some last year. Will that continue?
Bill Elliott: I ran twice last year and that was enough for me. Now about all I do is try to keep up with Chase and our Late Model program. We've helped Ben Kennedy some, T.J. Reed and Mason Massey and between those three and what Chase has going on, I haven't had time to do anything else. It was fun to run that car at Daytona last year for Turner. That was the best car I've been in in I don't know when. But, the way I look at it, if I keep doing that then I'm taking away from somebody else getting in a car so it's kind of a doubled-edge sword.(BMS)(1-29-2013)

Back