Best

1. Upder Deck Trilogy
2. SPX
3. Donruss Gridiron Gear

Worst

1. Topps Co-Signers
2. Leaf Rookies & Stars
3. Topps Finest

Trilogy is an outstanding product! Buy a pack or look on eBay. Look at the cards.

SPX is another great product. Very High End Cards. Nice Rookies. Nice Autos.

Gridiron Gear was a fun box to pull. But it's a hit or miss. Not as bad as most products around $100 dollars.

Now Topps Co-Signers was like SP Legendary Cuts. HIT OR MISS. When you miss...YOU MISS BADLY! Your chances of pulling a Jamarcus Russell or a Marshawn Lynch auto is as rare as a Barry Sanders/Reggie Bush Dual. You'll find more David Clowney, David Harris, Lamarr Woodley Autos than anything else. It's about 4 to 1 that you'll find those! And the boxes don't come with no game used at all!

Rookies and Stars is another hit or miss. Your not even guaranteed an auto in the boxes. And if you do get an auto...it's usually a defensive player. Another $100 box to stay away from. Buy packs. Your better off!

As time grew on...every other product got better...and Finest was one of the premier...if the not the premier set in the mid 90's. Just look at the checklist!

haha trilogy and spx 1 and 2 ?? are you kidding? for the price they are definately the worst deals. Those are as hit or miss as anything, and you spending twice the money.

my list would be:

1) absolute (really like it, get 4 hits and the patchs are sweet
2) gridiron gear (another really good product, 3 hits and usually get a solid box every time
3) leaf limited, just because it just came out. look for it rise on the list

Artifacts is an awesome product. I have broken a box of Cosigners and thought it was pretty nice. I actually liked Finest as well. Leaf certified has to be the best though.

BEST

1. Topps Chrome
2. Bowman Chrome
3. Absolute

Worst

1. Sp Rookie Threads
2. Gridiron Gear
3. Artifacts

Reason topps and bowman chrome are 1 and 2 is they are consistantly nicely priced for what you get and can get honestly is your one of those people who worry about getting your money back hands down the products to crack!! Absolute is very hit or miss but the patches and other hits make it worth a shot and im a big fan of the RPM auto patchs and love the spectrums! the marks of fame subset are nice but hold very little value compared to book value for very long!

Sp rookie Threads are #1 worst because well they ruined the letterman autos for me!! How many different variations can you have its a joke!! Gridiron gear took a big step backward with less awesom patches and less big hits!! Artifacts should die a slow death its a garbage product and most of your hits are garbage!!

I think most of the products are garbage right now, the card companies are just pumping out as much product as they can and increasing the prices. (all about profit maximization - not customer satisfaction)

The only one I agree with is the Topps Chrome and Bowman Chrome, they will hold their value (as long as they aren't too overproduced).

Every product listed is hit or miss bad except your basic Chrome and regular topps variations. Absolute looks nice, but the value of the cards is for crap. I am tired of getting rare cards of guys who didn't even make it in the NFL. If you want to give me a card of Joe Nobody, don't give me his autograph, swatch/patch from some jersey he wore at a photo shoot, that might be the only time he was ever in uniform for the team.

Give me quality cards for a reasonable price so my kids, nieces and nephews can enjoy collecting as I once did in my youth.

Another sad point and I will end my rant is the pathetic quality of the cards this year, I don't know how many packs of high end product I have opened only to see the cards are bent on the corners, off cut, bent in the middle or some other way smeared or damaged. When I pay $40 for a pack of 5-8 cards and they are in crummy shape I get a bit irritated.

Enough for me, and don't start me on sticker autos

I loved Topps Chrome,LCM and Gridiron Gear.

Topps TX was absolutely junk for the most part and going back a little bit Paradigm.

Chrome is Crap, hold value? look at 98 topps chrome, what randy moss and peyton manning rookies did book and sell for, and now look?

atrain2004 said:
they were way over priced there now more in line with current values of chrome products!!

maybe but i dont like any product where u get 1 auto per box and its about 80-20 bad to good autos u can get......

I would rather spend $65-75 dollars and get a lot of decent rookies or ones with potential than buy a $135-150 pack and get one nice card of some guy who will never play a down in the league (plus 4-5 other common cards). The card companies have ruined the jersey card market, I remember the thrill of opening a pack and getting a GU or jersey, now it is a common card that usually stinks.

As for your 80-20 rule that goes easily for any of the products (especially bad with high end products), it actually ruins your argument.

I'll say chrome is better as far as getting more $ in return per box for what you pay.... but the big hit potential and nicer quality hits are easier to get out of the Donruss Playoff Products.... and een though Leaf Certified is nice.... I'd pick Gridiron Gear for the nice patch in every box along with more RC Autos and still a nice selection of veteran autos....

Back