Best case to break??

n05114

Bench Warmer
I've never spent more than $150 at one time on cards, but I'm pretty much set on buying a case sometime in the next couple months.

2005-2007. Probably in the $400-$800 range(starting out low). Would like to get something that's fun to break and that I can move fairly easily on EBay... so probably not going for Topps Total,Score, etc.

'07 Bowman Chrome presells are at $500, that looks interesting.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

-Jon

Ive got same the Dilema lol. I was thinking i might want to do a Bowman chrome 06 case but the prices on that are really high and at a $900 dollar price tag it would be very hard to break even. although prices are going down....

best thing to do is get a pre-sell on one of the first few case releases even press pass/sage and then bust and put them on ebay ASAP. Once we get into the season there are so many releases that alot of the releases get drowned out farely rapidly.

Trying to make money back on older product is hard to do because the idea of getting players 'new cards' is gone, alot of the rookies have already crapped out, and usually there is more bang for your buck with the newer products or at least that is the trend the last 5 years (since 2002).

best thing to do is get a pre-sell on one of the first few case releases even press pass/sage and then bust and put them on ebay ASAP. Once we get into the season there are so many releases that alot of the releases get drowned out farely rapidly.

Trying to make money back on older product is hard to do because the idea of getting players 'new cards' is gone, alot of the rookies have already crapped out, and usually there is more bang for your buck with the newer products or at least that is the trend the last 5 years (since 2002).

I agree with you regarding older product. I like '05 because of the four Auburn 1st-rounders. But when I compare '05 Bowman Chrome (minus boxtoppers) for $400 vs. '07 BC(with boxtoppers) for $500, it seems like a no-brainer as far as value is concerned.

Back