Football Best box

osiderida06

Bench Warmer
Hey guys i know this is probably a newb question but hey im new in here. So here it is. What is the best kind of boxes of cards to start off buying. To better your odds of getting better cards? Iv seen some good deals on the bay but there are so many differnt types of boxes. I know i either want topps or ud but im not sure which boxes to go with. Can some one please guide me in the right direction as to what you would choose and why?

The biggest thing is how much do you want to spend?

Exquisite, National Treasures Cost alot of money
SPA Are really nice but you get one patch auto every other box
Contenders you get 4 hits in a box but usually 1 decent player and 2-3 scrubs

cool cool.....Another question. The hot packs on the bay. I assume its real since all the ones i looked at have positive feed back right?. Im thinking about buying a couple 06 hot packs and trying to get a reggie auto patch or just a patch or auto would be great. Good idea or bad?

i have bought some hot packs on there and ended up with some good stuff. i bought a topps chrome hot pack and got a hester auto.

just make sure you read carefully o what the auction holds. make sure it slearly states auto patch rc or auto rc or sumthin like that. cuz if it says auto/patch, then that means it could be either and not many people want gu stuff as muc as autos.

steve

Hot packs have what stated in them normally because the dealer opens packs and then reseals them if its a scrub auto/jersey.... They might put one or two success stories in the middle of thousands of scams.... STAY AWAY!!!

As for as best quality of cards for a new collector, buy singles of what you want instead of packs.... you'll be a lot happier financially wise.... in all reality, if you get half of what you spent on a box out of it, its a good box... if you break even you hit a heck of a good card in that box....

With that in mind, buy boxes only if you are hoping to put that set together or really like the hits in the box.... a good starter at a good price is 06 Topps Pros and Prospects... good chance at putting the set together 2 jerseys and an auto per box if I recall correctly... 07 Upper Deck is pretty nice as well with 2 jerseys and an auto... or for $20 more go after Ultra, less packs, but 4 jerseys and an auto....
My personal top 5 for a first time collector of 2007 product thus far:
1. Ultra SE
2. upper Deck
3. Topps Pros and Prospects
4. Score Select
5. Topps (JUMBO BOXES ONLY!!!! Cost more, but better odds on the better autos, and in one box you get 2 hits instead of the 2 hits in a 12 box case you would get out of regular packs)

PS Welcome to the Hobby.... Its the Better than Anything.... Never forget that.... and spread the word.... LOL

Thanks marin. You definetly helped me out alot. I just bought 2 hot packs last nite. Jersey cards. I think im going to get a box or two of one of the three you named above;Topps Pros, Prospects, or ua ultra. Im going to eventually buy some individual cards. But i just want to get some decent quick jerseys and autos so i can do some trading. The only decent card i have right now is a 07 topps harrison pro bowl gu jersey /99....I got it out of the first box of topps i bought. But thanks man i appreciate the info. Anything else you or any one else can add or suggest would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks for being so helpfull guys!

Back