Basic Topps "Type Set" Baseball Project Idea

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
I don't know if the idea of a "type set" is something that is done in card collecting...but it is a popular way to collect coins and I thought it might be an interesting (yet fun and easy) card project too. Basically, (if this is a foreign idea)...what you do is collect one example of each type of coin instead of whole sets.

Well, I love vintage baseball cards...but there is no way I can collect ALL vintage sets. I'm working on one...but that's a big enough project. So, the thought crossed my mind about doing a Topps type set. Basically, pick up one example of a normal base card from each Topps issue. Now, I want to do this in a binder and make it look nice...so I should probably start with 1957 as it's the very first standard size issue and continue through the current issue.

Also, I am a huge Braves fan...so I figured I should do it all of Braves. My goal should be not to repeat any players along the way and to avoid in really valuable cards (as it's going in an album).

What do you think of this project? My guess is it will be fairly easy, but fun to do.

I think that's a pretty cool idea. It sounds easy but fun. Shouldn't be TOO expensive either if you're skipping the really valuable cards.

Back