Baseball Contest - Which Team Will Max Scherzer Sign With?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
We all know Scherzer will sign for the big bucks, but which team will he sign with?

Prizes are 2014 Topps All-Star Stitches Adam Jones ASR-AJ AND 2013 Topps A&G Mini Game-Used Matt Cain AGR-MC

RULES:
- Only ONE (1) pick per member
- Once a team has been picked nobody may pick that team

and... please read the following:

Once the announcement has been made as to which team has signed him, OR that the teams announced as "finalist", the Contest is over and no other picks will be allowed.

Sorry, but once the announcement is made that Team "A" and Team "B" are the finalist (as far as Scherzer choosing a team he will sign with), I cannot accept any more picks. It would not be fair to the other members.

Picks:
LA Dodgers - Taliasen
Detroit Tigers - CamaroDMD
NY Yankees - NorthKorea
Boston Red Sox - Leafsfan1967
Texas Rangers - fairman12
Atlanta Braves - NattyBoo
Chicago Cubs - David Amos

SCC Contest Prizes.jpg

Last edited:
I actually hope that NO one will sign him to a multi-year $200mil+ contract. That way he will have to come back to the tigers for 1 or 2 years for 25 mil.

For what it's worth, I think he'll actually sign with the Cardinals or Tigers, but I thought the Yankees were a funny answer, since they keep losing pitchers on a seemingly weekly basis.

Braves, Lord knows they aren't paying anyone else. And they threw their two best bats away already!
I think the Braves are trying to get younger...and Heyward wasn't panning out. I don't see them signing a high dollar veteran pitcher.

Heyward I agreed with, Upton's another story- as in they are still saddled with the much lesser of the two.

For what it's worth, I think he'll actually sign with the Cardinals or Tigers, but I thought the Yankees were a funny answer, since they keep losing pitchers on a seemingly weekly basis.

He is a little young for the Yankees. :D If they do sign him I would bet on him spending more than half the year on the DL. At least that is what recent history would suggest. Also to say yes to the Yankees he would need 7 years with an opt-out after 4 years.

I love the the Yankees and the football Giants. These are dark times for me in sports, but on the bright side there cards are cheap right now.

Heyward I agreed with, Upton's another story- as in they are still saddled with the much lesser of the two.
I was a little surprised they kept the bad Upton and dumped the good one. But, I feel like they are trying to stock pile youth and prospects on the pitching side of things. That's what made them so good in the 1990s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back