Bad news from Donruss

Cano Collector

Bench Warmer
I sent in my 07 LCM mirror Black Mike Furrey Mirror Black Auto Redemption a while back. I called today to check on it because I KNOW Furrey has signed stickers for them. I talked to the Donruss Rep and after a 5 minute hold was told that when they printed the 07 LCM black cards about 1/2 were damaged and Furrey was one of them. (Supposedly anyhow) So they are going to send me a replacement 1/1 auto of someone else and my MASTER set will never be able to be finished. Needless to say I am not thrilled. :ban:

You could look at it this way, if the Mirror Black was never produced, then your master set is actually complete. Just trying to find the silver lining.

Who knows, maybe you'll get some kick ass replacement . . . . . . or not

Yeah, but without the 1/1 it doesn't feel right. I was told by the lady I would get a 1/1 auto of a good player, but who knows what that means

Yeah, but without the 1/1 it doesn't feel right. I was told by the lady I would get a 1/1 auto of a good player, but who knows what that means

Better than Mike Furrey, I would assume ;)

Ok.....what gets to me is they have 1/1s just floating around in the factory not in boxes :scratch: All card companies seem to do it, and I hate that.

I wonder if Ryans was one of the damaged ones....:think:

HAHA Stefan, LOL I grew up with Mike was my main reason for doing it. Hopefully it is a Bengal I can PC, but if not it will be someone I can move for other PC stuff

HAHA Stefan, LOL I grew up with Mike was my main reason for doing it. Hopefully it is a Bengal I can PC, but if not it will be someone I can move for other PC stuff

Yeah, moving a 1/1 shouldn't be too hard...hopefully you get something nice, like a creased/damaged Ryans LCM black auto ;)

I sent in my 07 LCM mirror Black Mike Furrey Mirror Black Auto Redemption a while back. I called today to check on it because I KNOW Furrey has signed stickers for them. I talked to the Donruss Rep and after a 5 minute hold was told that when they printed the 07 LCM black cards about 1/2 were damaged and Furrey was one of them. (Supposedly anyhow) So they are going to send me a replacement 1/1 auto of someone else and my MASTER set will never be able to be finished. Needless to say I am not thrilled. :ban:

I would ask them to send the redemption card back. Otherwise, I hope the 1/1 they send you isn't a plate (which I suspect it will be).

Watch as you get a Stuckey. This damage may be the reason I have not seen the unsinged Mirror Black of Stuckey. Though that does suck about Furrey, perhaps you should ahve asked for the damaged card (assuming they still have it).

Back