Back from A-Day

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
Had a great time. Awesome crowd (announced at over 84,000, probably more like 80-82,000 though) despite crappy weather. Was cold and drizzling until the game started, and then it was mostly just cold.

Greg McElroy is far and away the best QB on the team. He will start and do very well for us this season. The improvement I saw in him from last year at A-Day is pretty astounding. Made two near perfect deep throws, one a TD to Julio another a real nice pass to Mike McCoy. Also hit McCoy for a nice TD pass in the game.

The first team defense is and will be nasty good this year. Was also very impressed by what I saw of the second string DL and LBs. Quick and physical. Marcel Dareus is going to be a freakin' beast for years to come.

On the flip side, the 2nd string OL was pretty bad. Come this fall, we will only have 7 OL who can actually play and play well. A long term injury there will kill us. And outside of Jones and McCoy, I remain to be unimpressed with our WRs. After hearing great things about Darius Hanks all spring, he was a missing man. Marquis Maze is an electric player....he makes some tough catches, and then he drops the simple easy ones. He did this during the season last year too. At least he's consistent :doh:

On a note unrelated to the game, at half time I was walking around and eating nachos when Alabama AD Mal Moore walked by :shock: We exchanged roll tides :dance:

Sorry to hear about the weather. I won't mention that it was 75 and sunny three hours down the road. But hey, at least you didn't have to watch your #1 QB be mediocre-at-best against your 2nd-team defense with 5 walk-ons. :D

Out of curiousity, if you had ran into Mal Moore three years ago, what exchanges would've taken place?

Back