At the first furlong of the NFL season

Not saying the Bucs are betting or anything, but you beat us without our QB and RB for the second half.

Yeah... because the defense hit the snot out of both of them. Hawks were leading when both went out, plus Caddy is done at this point anyways.

I am fine not seeing them in the top five but they should be ahead of the Bucs in any discussion off of both teams current resumes.

Yeah... because the defense hit the snot out of both of them. Hawks were leading when both went out, plus Caddy is done at this point anyways.

I am fine not seeing them in the top five but they should be ahead of the Bucs in any discussion off of both teams current resumes.

See my post above. I completely disagree. They beat McCown's Bucs. When Garcia went out the Hawks had a 3 point lead. When he came back, it was 14 and the game had been decided.

It is also disconcerting that the Seahawks are trying to get a reputation for hurting people.

See my post above. I completely disagree. They beat McCown's Bucs. When Garcia went out the Hawks had a 3 point lead. When he came back, it was 14 and the game had been decided.

It is also disconcerting that the Seahawks are trying to get a reputation for hurting people.

Whoa whoa...

All hits have been clean are you saying the Hawks are dirty now? The Hawks are not trying to get a reputation, it is just what is happening.

So the Hawks were up with both in the game but because they didnt finish we can assume the Bucs would have won? For the record the Bucs offense had stalled for over a quarter with both in the game and the momentum was swayed in the Hawks direction before both went out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the Seahawk fans are thirsty for recognition. They did beat the Bucs but I saw them play the Bengals and they did not look like a quality team. The Bucs defense has looked great the last 3 weeks.

I'm not thirsty for recognition, thats why they arent in the top 5. If they can go into Pittsburgh and come out with a win, I'd put them at #5 (unless the Packers or Cowboys lose)

EDIT: actually, #5 if they beat the Steelers, only moving to #4 if the Pack loses. If Dallas loses at this point, I still have them higher than the hawks.

All I'm saying is you are using this one game as affirmation of your team's standing, but the game was decided when the Bucs's QB was not playing.

And I'm not calling them dirty. The only people I hear talking about their reputation is their fans and players.

All I'm saying is you are using this one game as affirmation of your team's standing, but the game was decided when the Bucs's QB was not playing.

And I'm not calling them dirty. The only people I hear talking about their reputation is their fans and players.

No im saying with win directly over the Bucsand wins over the Niners, and Bengals they have a better resume then the Bucs.

Arizona beat the Hawks and Steelers at home and the Hawks had a botched handoff that stopped them from going 4-0.

Besides Chris comment taken out of context I havent seen fans talking about this reputation. And I have not seen any player comments either stating the injuries.

Hate on the Hawks all you want, I think they will have trouble in Pittsburgh but just look at their wins/losses.

Peterson said something about them wanting to hurt people to get a reputation. I think it was on the NFL.com postgame comments.

Peterson said something about them wanting to hurt people to get a reputation. I think it was on the NFL.com postgame comments.

If that is true and in the context you are giving it I stand corrected, surprised I havent heard that sound bite though, as that would be pretty inflamatory(sp?).

If that is true and in the context you are giving it I stand corrected, surprised I havent heard that sound bite though, as that would be pretty inflamatory(sp?).

I was thinking the same thing. I listen to KJR all day and dont remember hearing about it and they talk about everything.

Found the original quote. Looks like someone took a slight liberty with it.

"You don't want to see anyone get hurt seriously," Peterson said. "But this Seattle defense is different. We're coming to hit. We're coming to hurt. We want to get that reputation around the rest of the league, because that will help our offense."

Found the original quote. Looks like someone took a slight liberty with it.

"You don't want to see anyone get hurt seriously," Peterson said. "But this Seattle defense is different. We're coming to hit. We're coming to hurt. We want to get that reputation around the rest of the league, because that will help our offense."

yeah, that sounds like something every defensive player would say. Good job on the research!

Seattle needs to improve its' third down effiecency :D I would put them (right now) as 8th or 9th, maybe 10th in NFL. Beat Pitt on the road move them up, if they lose competitively I'd say that is where they still belong.

Back