Anyone name any good reads?

lumm0x

Bench Warmer
Have an hour to kill everyday at lunch and been reading alot lately.

I'm into action/thrillers mostly but I read just about anything. I'm usually good for 2 or 3 books a week.

Anyone name anything they enjoy right now? Need some new ideas.

Lately I've been into an author named Lee Childs. He has a great series in process. Check out his stuff if you like thrillers with a military twist. Half way between Grisham and Clancy.

metallikat87

Bench Warmer
2 words, Chuck Palahniuk

i have enjoyed nearly every one of his books i have read, havent read the newest one "Rant" and i didnt like "Haunted"
but i have read "fight club", "invisible monsters", "survivor", "choke", "lullaby", and "diary"

of those diary is probably my least favorite with choke on top but theyre all good reads, especially if you enjoyed the fight club movie

Krusin

retired hippie
Ever read any of the author Clive Clussler novels? He has a series of novels thru the years on a character named Dirk Pitt that are usually good, the older ones are better to me as the main character is getting a bit old. There's been a few movies based on the books.

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
eed73f57.jpg

lumm0x

Bench Warmer
2 words, Chuck Palahniuk

i have enjoyed nearly every one of his books i have read, havent read the newest one "Rant" and i didnt like "Haunted"
but i have read "fight club", "invisible monsters", "survivor", "choke", "lullaby", and "diary"

of those diary is probably my least favorite with choke on top but theyre all good reads, especially if you enjoyed the fight club movie

I'll have to check out Palahniuk. Thanks.

Yeah Bud, I've read a few Clusslers. He does a ton of sea stuff unless I'm mistaken. Might try another one to see if it sticks.

Stefan- I don't like people that say no. That book sucks. ;)

timonahan

Bench Warmer
Webb Griffin is similar to Clancy, and there is one other guy but I can't remember his name :doh:

I actually need to get to the library and pick something up.

scrappy

Bench Warmer
well grisham hasn't; put out anything in a while or i'd suggest him

the harry potter series is good and they are long books, longer than the movies and i'd have to admit they aren't "kids books" but more midrange

i've been reading the bourne ultimatum, and the book is WAY different than the movie, might go backwards on the series just to see how different the movies were from the book

timonahan

Bench Warmer
My wife reads 3 or 4 books a week also and said Stephen White and Jonathon Kellerman are both great. Mostly murder mysteries with some psychology and FBI stuff mixed in.

jwilliammoore

Bench Warmer
I've been reading James Patterson for the last two months or so. He's got some very good books IMO. I personaly like the Alex Cross series hes written. Right now I'm almost done with Step on a Crack also a Patterson book.