anyone know much about autographed baseballs?

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
my aunt sent me a text asking if I knew anything, and I told her aside from the money being in the COA I don't know a whole bunch...shes going to let me know some of the players, but she said it should be some guys who played in the World Series in the 50's as the guy she is engaged to is a former player, don't know his name off the top of my head...I know the certification wouldn't be cheap and told her before she told me what it was that unless the balls were from pre 1970 and featured deceased players it wouldn't be much money, once I get some names ill do a little research as to if they were HOF, if they are deceased, and what PSA certification would cost...all the autos should be 'authentic' but none have paperwork...

If they are authentic, signed balls do pretty well, but like you said COA is very important. If you let me know names, I should be able to help you out a bit on the popularity of the players.

from what ive gotten so far, looks like some St Louis Cardinals balls, but yeah, I let her know it isn't cheap to get them certified, and the big reason is because of all the fakes of the 1990's...I watch Antiques Roadshow from time to time, so I know that obscure names on team balls can really help with the value...I don't know much of 1950's players off the top of my head, and some simple google searches should explain some, but yeah, I wouldn't know what a ball would go for with multiple signatures and such...

she said she has 5 total balls, 2 with 'lots of signatures' one is dated 1947, the other 1961, I would assume these are team balls, she said she would have to look more into the autographs to get some names

Back