Anyone busting this - ITG Ultimate Mem.

Krusin

retired hippie
More high $ stuff, this time it's Hockey & these guys can't use NHL Jerseys of active players due to UD having the exclusive right's. Blowouts selling cases about $200 cheaper on the thier site versus what they have listed on E-Bay. I thought about trying to bust & sell all but 1 or 2 cards but am having 2nd, 3rd & 4th thoughts about it.

2006/07 In the Game Ultimate Memorabilia Hockey 10 bx Case for $5850
2 Box Lots for $1200
(Live Date 06/19)
5 packs per Box...3 cards per Pack..
The 7th edition contains one game used memorabilia cardlimited to 25 copies or less, an autographed card limited to 50 copies or less and a
base set card limited to 90 copies or less in each pack! Every card is sealed in aspecial holder and features serial-numbering on the label. Production run limited to3000 boxes (15000 packs). 150 card base set features artwork from renownedsports artist Paul Madden. Artist Proof version of each card will be limited to 10 withartist’s signature on the back. Inserts include Blades of Steel, Vintage Lumber,Passing the Torch, Complete Jersey, First Round Picks, Future Stars and Decades.Autographed inserts include Game used stick and auto, Game used jersey and auto,
Paper Cuts and Lumberjacks
!

More Info from E-Bay listing

Configuration: 10 boxes per case. 5 packs per box. 3 cards per pack.

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS
* Each pack contains 1 game-used memorabilia card limited to 25 copies or less, 1 autographed card limited to 50 copies or less, and 1 base card limited to 90.
* Every card is sealed in a special holder and features serial-numbering on the label.
* Production is limited to just 3000 boxes.
* Look for Artist' Proof versions limited to just 10 copies and bearing renowned sports artist Paul Madden's signature on the back.

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN
AUTOGRAPH CARDS
One of the most popular features in Ultimate Memorabilia over the years has been the outstanding selection of autographs. In The Game has gone the extra mile for collectors this season by securing autographs from many of today's top collector favorites like Ilya Kovalchuk, Roberto Luongo and Vincent Lecavalier along with legends such as Patrick Roy, Mark Messier and Mario Lemieux. Throw in some of the brightest future stars such as John Tavares, Jordan Staal and Angelo Esposito and there's instant value to be found in every pack! Among the Autograph sets returning for yet another year are Game-Used Stick & Autograph, Game-Used Jersey & Autograph, Paper Cuts and Lumbergraphs.

MEMORABILIA CARDS
Collectors can also count on a great selection of limited game-used memorabilia cards in Ultimate Memorabilia. Many popular inserts like Blades of Steel and Vintage Lumber are back again along with Passing The Torch, Complete Jersey, First Round Picks, Future Stars and Decades. In The Game has also brought back the popular Journey Jersey and Journey Emblem cards along with the legendary Captain C series and the all-new Going For Gold, Portrait In Courage, and Stick Rack collections

ITG makes some amazing cards but seldom do they receive the recognition via sales that they deserve. The lack of a license keeps so many collectors away from their stuff. Personally I love it, but you'd be hard pressed to make your money back on it all.

You could likely stack up an amazing assortment of singles for the same money.

ITG makes some amazing cards but seldom do they receive the recognition via sales that they deserve. The lack of a license keeps so many collectors away from their stuff. Personally I love it, but you'd be hard pressed to make your money back on it all.

You could likely stack up an amazing assortment of singles for the same money.

I actually meant to ask you about this because my local shop has some sweet hockey autos from ITG (a Hull and another dual with Esposito and someone, perhaps Glenn Hall) as well as some sweet patches, but they're priced way lower than I thought they would be, so I didn't bother with them. But if it's legit stuff just unlicensed, I think I may go pick them up.

So is this kind of like a high end "Press Pass Legends" or something like that for hockey? Not liscensed, but still lots of cool stuff?

So is this kind of like a high end "Press Pass Legends" or something like that for hockey? Not liscensed, but still lots of cool stuff?

I've only buted a few pack of this back in the orginal year, still have them (pictured below). I saw acecards from TCC & used to be on Beckett bust a buch last year & pulled some awsome stuff. I'm betting my Teemu Selanne could get some nice E-Bay action if they go on to win the cup. In 00 each pack only had the 1 encapsulated card like the one's below.

ITG2000.jpg

I've only buted a few pack of this back in the orginal year, still have them (pictured below). I saw acecards from TCC & used to be on Beckett bust a buch last year & pulled some awsome stuff. I'm betting my Teemu Selanne could get some nice E-Bay action if they go on to win the cup. In 00 each pack only had the 1 encapsulated card like the one's below.

ITG2000.jpg

those are beauties

Yeah, those are pretty nice. Too bad they don't have the same demand as UD stuff. But like previously stated, that means you could pick up some cool cards for PC at great prices.

As a former serious hockey collector who busted a couple cases of this stuff back on 2004...they are amazing. And the only reason they are unliscensed, is because UD and the NHLPA secretly got together and agreed on an exlusive contract. UD is the only company liscensed to do NHL cards now.

(Now just imagine the outcry if they did that to football. No more Contenders, Leaf Limited, LCM, Topps Chrome, etc)

The CEO of ITG regulary posts on the BMB hockey forums and seems like a genuine fan, and hobby enthusiast. They focus on the retired players, and cards from current players with uniforms of their national and junior teams. Also, they have vowed NO REDEMPTIONS! So release has been pushed back a bit.

ITG was and still is far superior in terms of card design and CS in my opinion. I would encourage any and all to bust some of that stuff. :)

Here is a link to the last BMB post: LINKY.

It shows some of the cut autos that will be included. Note how they made the cards to fit the individual signature. Which foootball product cut the auto so the first and last name were on vertical? Anyone remeber that card. I think it had Doak Wlaker on the front and some other guys on the back. It was one of the worst cards I have ever seen.

Back