Another odd ball item

ty4orce

Bench Warmer
A while back I had the privilege of seeing The Cowboy Junkies in a private showing 90 of us max.....The band is a Toronto formed band.....Three of the bands members are family. Margo, Michael, and Peter Timmins joined by Alan Anton. Margo does all the vocals and takes a back seat to few female singers around today. The Cowboy Junkies have rather quietly succeeded where so many bands have failed. They have remained true to their roots and never compromised their "sound" just for the sake of pleasing the mainstream.It was another fantastic evening shared drinks and up live and personal with another great band....to make a long story short I like odd ball items reason being for there uniqueness where I can say I have the only one...Thought I would share...
Comments always welcomed.....a little taste of their music first......
cjunkies_zps116f84cd.jpg

Last edited:
I've always appreciated good music such as this song, which I am familiar with. It's a simple beat, calm tempo song that just great for chillin' to. I especially dig the change at around 2:40 into the video, it reminds me of some really old tunes.

I used to have some old Iron Man comics back when I was a kid, along with many from Marvel and a few from DC. I like the odder issues, the more unique the better. What's the story behind them signing this one?

I have a couple of my own tunes, but I haven't recorded them. I play mostly rhythm, and can create decent structure, but can't play other peoples music...I just don't care to. I created a couple of songs in part as a tribute to the bands, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. I'm not into Zep anymore, but one song I wrote just fits in as an afterthought to Stairway. The other I adapted to fit a potential Tenacious D movie, but their last movie wasn't big in the box-office so I doubt that'll go anywhere either lol

I just like oddball items.......seeing you like Black Sabbath here is a card I made painted with a knife that I gave away in a contest..keep in mind it is card sized made from a decoy.
ozz2.jpg

another artist who has been on the rise for sometime now.....

ma17_zpsdc284d89.jpeg

still a work in progress

Both works are quite good. You have talent.

I used to draw, but when my son began drawing, I stopped altogether...because I didn't want him to feel overshadowed. He gave up any attempt at music because of that. He's now producing his own computer art, and it's quite good.

Back before he was born I did do some stuff. I scratched the Guns n Roses skull/cross (from Appetite of Destruction) onto the back free-hand back in the late 80's:Old Accoustic Guitar 002.jpg
The guitar itself is messed-up. I need to repair it, but I keep putting it off.

A funny story about the Sweet Jane song. I'm an amateur guitarist who plays for the fun of it and was playing the notes to the song just a day or two before you posted the video. I was playing it and trying to remember who's ong it was, but couldn't. Now I know lol

I've been working on an instrumental based on those notes, and it's just funny you posted the video while I was doing it.

Now that's an odd-ball item lol

Back