An Open Letter To Press Pass

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Dear Press Pass,

Thank you for producing the NASCAR product for the NASCAR fan/collector.

Would you please consider this...since you only produce six products a year, could you STOP putting firesuit cards in every product? You are becoming Upper Deck, producing so many "game-used jerseys" (i.e. firesuit, sheet metal, etc.) that the items are becoming worthless!

Why not try something a little different... go back to the good ol' days when you spread the race-used items throughout the different products.

Let's try this... you produce six (6) different products... so issue the race-used like this:

First product of the year: Firesuit (Numbered 1, 10, 25, 50, 100)
Second product: ROOKIE Only Items (Numbered 1, 10, 25, 50, 100)
Third product: Sheet Metal (Numbered 1, 10, 25, 50, 100)
Fourth product: Tire (Numbered 1, 10, 25, 50, 100)
Fifth product: Multi-Swatch (Numbered 1, 10, 25, 50, 100)
Sixth product: an assortment of what was left over from the first four products.

Autographs (Numbered 1, 10, 25, 50, 100) would be issued throughout the year.. however, if a driver has an autograph numbered to 25... that is a total of 25 for the year... NOT per product!

Unnumbered Autographs would still be produced, but stay away from unnumbered race-used... that just kills the product and hobby.

Call me, we can have coffee sometime and further discuss these issues.

Last edited:
With all the talk about Press Press closing it's doors, I thought it was only fair that I bring this back up to the top.

Obviously, Press Pass never read my letter and took my advice.

Back