Baseball An ignorant question.

SloganVZ

Bench Warmer
You guys probably get this alot but I was just given appox. 18,000 sports cards. 90% are baseball. the other 10% is Football and Baskteball. I just have no idea even where to start. I'm a college student and don't have the time or drive to sort and all that stuff. From what I have seen the years range from 1979 to 2006. I can't tell if what is written on some of the boxs is true. For instance one box says 550 cards 500 @ $0.40 and 50 @ $0.10 equaling $205. I looked in the box and the 500 are Topps Finest 1999 with some crazy protector plastic things on them. very shiny. Where do I start? are there collectors out there that buy lots of cards like this from people or am I stuck with 18,000 cards? What would be a fair price? Even at like 3.5 cents apiece thats like $600.

Thank you
Someone
that was just thrown into the mystifying world of collector sports cards

For a couple years, Finest issued all cards with protectors on them. Some debate whether to keep them on or not. I would let the person your trading/selling to decide that. It really shouldn't take you that long to flip through them and pull out at least the rookies. If you can see they are a bunch of base cards, even big names, I would donate them to a children's hospital, after I went through and looked for inserts and rookies.

SloganVZ said:
You guys probably get this alot but I was just given appox. 18,000 sports cards. 90% are baseball. the other 10% is Football and Baskteball. I just have no idea even where to start. I'm a college student and don't have the time or drive to sort and all that stuff. From what I have seen the years range from 1979 to 2006. I can't tell if what is written on some of the boxs is true. For instance one box says 550 cards 500 @ $0.40 and 50 @ $0.10 equaling $205. I looked in the box and the 500 are Topps Finest 1999 with some crazy protector plastic things on them. very shiny. Where do I start? are there collectors out there that buy lots of cards like this from people or am I stuck with 18,000 cards? What would be a fair price? Even at like 3.5 cents apiece thats like $600.

Thank you
Someone
that was just thrown into the mystifying world of collector sports cards
I'd look in your local phone book to see if there are any hobby shops. I'd take it to them and see what I could get. This is probably your best bet to unload all at once.... unless you do a price on craigslist. if their are no big names in those boxes expect more like a penny a piece.

Back