Am I correct...

Bounty13

Bench Warmer
To be pissed off about this situation?:

In my baseball league people have started to add/drop pitchers every day so they can rack up the IP/W/K. The person who I played last week add/dropped 9 different pitchers. Although there are no limits in the league about the number of moves you can make, I consider this cheating. Because if this is allowed then someone would just spend all of their draft picks on batting and just add/drop 50 pitchers each week to win the IP/W/K and not worry about ERA.

Happens all the time , ESPN is looking at ways to stop it in coming seasons because a lot of players complain. Personally I don't care either way , I always draft bats anyway.

Pitchers are WW players imo in fantasy if you don't get one of the top 5 anyway. In my league I drafted Webb/Lackey/K-Rod and the rest are long gone and got Colon/Snell,Shields,Gorzalany(SP?) and Maine off the WW and am currently in 2nd place.

A side not is just watch the wire for people who play that way and grab a good one if you can as well. Some dude waived Hudson early on and thought he'd get him back , but he won that week and moved up on the WW list and somebody else grabbed him.....lmao

well the best way to stop it is have a true rotisserie league 5x5 instead of that head to head garbage. Also limit your player universe to one league NL or AL, that way you have to know what you are doing. I have only played in one mixed league head to head league and that is was boring, kind of like swimming in the kiddie pool.

well the best way to stop it is have a true rotisserie league 5x5 instead of that head to head garbage. Also limit your player universe to one league NL or AL, that way you have to know what you are doing. I have only played in one mixed league head to head league and that is was boring, kind of like swimming in the kiddie pool.

True and yes H2H does get boring. In my Roto league i'm in 2nd with 64 points :)

I did draft Pitchers there.

also something to do is watch who they drop you might be able to steal a player from them . Some people will make dumb moves in order to get that one guy .

Two Comments:

1) Pickup the guys they drop if they are good pitchers.

2) I used to be in a league where they limited the innings pitched you could have throughout the season so you really could only use the pitchers you had for their one start every five days.

Maybe I am just in a stupid league because we have 9 bench spots. But they arn't even dropping good pitchers, they are just adding anyone who is pitching that day. Some guy picked up this pitcher on the Rays who was 0-7 with a 7.77 ERA, no skill envolved, just wanted that pitchers IP and K's, didn't care about the ERA.

Maybe I am just in a stupid league because we have 9 bench spots. But they arn't even dropping good pitchers, they are just adding anyone who is pitching that day. Some guy picked up this pitcher on the Rays who was 0-7 with a 7.77 ERA, no skill envolved, just wanted that pitchers IP and K's, didn't care about the ERA.

yep stupid league.

1. Not rotisserie
2. No IP limit
3. Unlimited player universe
4. 9 bench spots

i like the playing with players from both leagues, but yeah steal the good ones if they drop them, so they might get more IP and K but the ERA and WHIP works against them...

when i do baseball i try to pick up the multiskill guys that play multiple positions when you have position lock, so you pick up the guy who plays 2/3 positions for when you have a guy who isnt playing one day, throw that guy into the mix and it works well...kinda like in fb leagues where you get return yards, then taking guys like Steve Smith (didnt use to go so early in drafts) and Antwaan Randle El are good WR to pick up because you will get steady return yards from an unsteady position...

yeah thats dumb, got in a league like that a couple years ago and hated it. Now I delete the team pre-draft if I see the settings don't have a maximum amount of moves....or at least a lengthy waiver time. you make them have 10 day waivers and people will do it a lot less.

Back