Basketball Allen... who? to announce his retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
In the category of.. "thought he was already retired and gone..."

Allen Iverson is expected to "officially" announce his retirement from the NBA sometime within the next few days.

NOTE: In case you forgot... Iverson has not played in the NBA for three years.

ESPN (Mike and Mike) had a taped interview that was done years ago. The question was put to Iverson "why do you miss practices?"

His answer was... (NOT Verbatim)... "why should I practice? It will not make my team mates any better."

Last edited:
Good Ole A.I. What a dope! Hell of a talent at one point, but a dope. He had the whole city of Phili. in the palm of his hand and just wasted it. To your point, I really did think he was already gone. Oh Well....See ya Al!

Allen Iverson was a legend but now after a few money problems and dumb comments like the one you mentioned has tarnished his reputation. I think some athletes more than others need to take interview lessons and learn how to speak. Anyone who has would know not to say something like that. All this time I thought he was trying to get back into the NBA because he was broke, but he was always in? *shrug* So long

Good Ole A.I. What a dope! Hell of a talent at one point, but a dope. He had the whole city of Phili. in the palm of his hand and just wasted it. To your point, I really did think he was already gone. Oh Well....See ya Al!

I agree; cocky little joker too. I thougt he had great potential and I think he might have been one they thought would be "the next Jordan". Wonder what his 'regret' book will be all about? He regrets the mothers of Philly could not produce better playmates/ teammates for him?
I admit I did like watching him; fast and he got to the hoop! Too dang bad.

PS___I have not missed him these past 3 years either!

Last edited by a moderator:
PS___I have not missed him these past 3 years either!

How have you not missed Allen Iverson?You clearly are not even a basketball fan, AI was one of the better players to play the Point Guard position all time. He was an electric player who was a one in a kind talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back