All night in the ER with my daughter!!!

trojanfan43

Bench Warmer
:(My 2 year old daughter jumped off of the couch with her plastic flute in her mouth......it cut up the roof of her mouth and her tonsils (sp?).......she was spitting up blood everywhere......so long story short her and the old lady went to the hospital in the ambulance and I went shortly after.....I had to wait for my sister in law to get there so she could watch the other 2 kids........she is fine now.......she has some swelling in her throat and it's uncomfortable for her to eat or drink.....but other then that she should be fine.

Won't be buying anything for a while......that ambulance ride is gonna cost me an arm and a leg!!!

scrappy

Bench Warmer
regardless of what it's gonna set you back, you probably will hit your out of pocket Max for the yr now.

hope the baby is doing ok, get her lots and lots of popsicles

micah, terribly sorry to hear the bad news. luckily she is okay and things seem to be going smoothly. yeah, ambulances are ridiculously expensive. when i got into a car accident, and my back was messed up, i took one just because i couldnt move due to tightness and stiffness. ended up being like 350-400 without sirens and such. bleh...next time im walking

trojanfan43

Bench Warmer
thanks for all of the replies everyone:salut:......I took my lunch break and got her some McDonalds.......she's eating normal now so that's a good sign......won't touch the chocolate shake I got her though.....she thinks we are trying to trick her with medicine again:doh:.........she usually loves shakes.......I asked her if she wanted some and she said, "Um, nope!":roflmao:....that little girl cracks me up.

lumm0x

Bench Warmer
Every kid has one of these scary mishaps unfortunately. Glad to hear she's doing fine. Hope the $$ don't hit too hard on it.

Poopy Pants

Bench Warmer
My older brother went through the same thing when he was young. He was running around with a popsicle stick in his mouth and fell. The stick puntured the back of his throat, and he had to go to the ER. Since there is not much they can do inside your throat like that, they stopped the bleeding and sent him home. Its sounds like they did the same for your daughter.