Acts of Kindness and Holiday Season Inspiration!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Transactions: 7
Hey friends, its the Holiday Season, and this time of year is always associated with kindness and giving!

I just was in a waiting room at the doctor's office, and saw an older woman who was pushing an even older woman in a wheelchair, trying to navigate double doors. A guy stood up and walked over to hold the second of the doors so they could enter more easily, and both of those ladies were just so thankful. I thought of what a nice moment that was, one which took maybe 10 seconds out of that guy's day, and clearly meant a lot to the two ladies.

So in that same mindset, I wondered what random kindnesses any of you had witnessed, or maybe had happened to you or someone you know recently? It would be fun to celebrate the kindness of those around us this time of year!

Compliments of the Season!

Kevin

Last edited:

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Hey friends, our school district has had its tough times in the past few years, and as a result have had morale problems among our staff and students alike, sadly. Healing from that is taking time, but today our staff got together and built gingerbread houses. No ulterior motives. Just working together to build some gingerbread houses. And you know what? We had.....FUN!!

I want to start sharing some inspiration, since I know many of you have similar culture and morale issues in your places of employment. Hopefully people will enjoy, especially this time of year!!

Lumii_20221202_183544214.jpg

Mechjo16

All-Star
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Witnessed? I have personally helped 3 elderly people that have fallen since mid November. I was starting to wonder if I was scaring the hell out of people.

I am thankful that my daughter was with me all three times... then again, she's always with me. This let me teach her what to do in such a instance.

The first one was in a Meijer parking lot and I tell you, me and two others ran over. Little challenging for me as we were there to get cards for one of my breaks and a toy for her and my daughter was focused on one thing... darting to the door to get to the toy isle. I had to pull her back and explain to her there was an emergency but we would get what we came for.

Now the shocking part was is that there was an Meijer employee that witnessed the whole thing and just stayed at her spot. After we got the lady up to make sure all was good and in her car with her items packed away the employee decided to come over...... "O my God, what happened. I didn't know she fell or I would of helped." I said lady I saw you standing at the pillar watching the whole thing happen. We have everything under control you can go back to your duties.

The other events, people went into action as they should.

Happy Holidays All

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Witnessed? I have personally helped 3 elderly people that have fallen since mid November. I was starting to wonder if I was scaring the hell out of people.

I am thankful that my daughter was with me all three times... then again, she's always with me. This let me teach her what to do in such a instance.

The first one was in a Meijer parking lot and I tell you, me and two others ran over. Little challenging for me as we were there to get cards for one of my breaks and a toy for her and my daughter was focused on one thing... darting to the door to get to the toy isle. I had to pull her back and explain to her there was an emergency but we would get what we came for.

Now the shocking part was is that there was an Meijer employee that witnessed the whole thing and just stayed at her spot. After we got the lady up to make sure all was good and in her car with her items packed away the employee decided to come over...... "O my God, what happened. I didn't know she fell or I would of helped." I said lady I saw you standing at the pillar watching the whole thing happen. We have everything under control you can go back to your duties.

The other events, people went into action as they should.

Happy Holidays All
Good for you for taking care of some people in need....your daughter is going to really internalize that and respect you for it....and remember that in her life for years to come!

kpit1978

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
How's about some love for our own little group? grapler135s had the initial idea of putting together a set from the A&G case to sell off for charity and Criollos came through with the last couple of cards to get us to the finish line but there were obviously alot of SCC members involved between those two points and I'm proud to be a part of this community.

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
How's about some love for our own little group? grapler135s had the initial idea of putting together a set from the A&G case to sell off for charity and Criollos came through with the last couple of cards to get us to the finish line but there were obviously alot of SCC members involved between those two points and I'm proud to be a part of this community.
@kpit1978 @grapler135s @Criollos and everyone else involved, that is AWESOME! Thank you everyone for your kindness, that is an awesome thing to do anytime, but this time of the year is special, and I too am proud to be part of such a great community!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
So my son came home from school with a treat bag, and it had this piece of chocolate inside! Thought it was cool that Clark Griswold had his own candy!!
20221228_073007_HDR.jpg