A message to Bills fans...

thepistonsfan

Bench Warmer
We feel your pain brothers! At least until we have to play you later this year.

At least you only have to play Dallas once every couple of years. We play them twice every year. Your coach simply hasn't learned that you need to be ahead by at least two touchdowns against Dallas, particularly on Monday Night Football!

Let me let you in on the Secret: The NFL loves the Cowboys! The Cowboys have the biggest fanbase in the country (translation $$$). The media love the Cowboys. There is nothing you can do about it. The media will ride the Cowboy train until they have to stop or lose credibility.
The refs will never help your team when you're playing a nationally televised game agains the Cowboys. Simple fact of life. Get used to that. The next time you play the Cowboys, put up more points to insulate yourselves from the danger. Once that game become about "discretionary" calls with the refs, you guys were done. There was nothing you could do about it. All facemasks against you were going to be 15 yards. There was no chance that onsides kick was going to be called back. Offensive pass intereference--what's that?

Cowboys fans are either: a) oldschool, original fans from that area who have always been with the Cowboys (maybe 1000 total people) OR fairweather folks who have low self-esteem and, therefore, love to wallow in other people's (i.e. Redskins' fans) misery...trust me, I have a friend (a Cowboy fan) who turns into a completely different person whenever the Redskins lose...its almost like a drug...he literally gets off on watching our frustration.

We, in Redskins Nation, who have been rooting for our team since birth, are tough because we understand this. We have suffered through it for years. Welcome to the club!

Your team played great! You exposed the phony Cowboy offense, much like we did on Sunday to Detroit.

Thank you for that. I'm sure that film will be well-worn in Foxboro, Philadelphia, at the Meadowlands and in the Skins' film room.

Here's to a good game (which the Skins win) when we face off later this year.

Hold your heads high--your team should be proud. Don't wallow in self hate! The football gods are smiling on Dallas right now, but are easily angered.

:salut:

whoa... i'm not a big Cowboys fan (even though i was happy they won, living here in dallas), but that onside kick was definately the right call...

but, i didn't see any of the 2nd half except the last 2 minutes and that legit onside kick. but, if they really wanted the cowboys to win, they could've called that catch by TO when he slid, but they reversed it.

bills played one hell of a game.

We feel your pain brothers! At least until we have to play you later this year.

At least you only have to play Dallas once every couple of years. We play them twice every year. Your coach simply hasn't learned that you need to be ahead by at least two touchdowns against Dallas, particularly on Monday Night Football!

Let me let you in on the Secret: The NFL loves the Cowboys! The Cowboys have the biggest fanbase in the country (translation $$$). The media love the Cowboys. There is nothing you can do about it. The media will ride the Cowboy train until they have to stop or lose credibility.
The refs will never help your team when you're playing a nationally televised game agains the Cowboys. Simple fact of life. Get used to that. The next time you play the Cowboys, put up more points to insulate yourselves from the danger. Once that game become about "discretionary" calls with the refs, you guys were done. There was nothing you could do about it. All facemasks against you were going to be 15 yards. There was no chance that onsides kick was going to be called back. Offensive pass intereference--what's that?

Cowboys fans are either: a) oldschool, original fans from that area who have always been with the Cowboys (maybe 1000 total people) OR fairweather folks who have low self-esteem and, therefore, love to wallow in other people's (i.e. Redskins' fans) misery...trust me, I have a friend (a Cowboy fan) who turns into a completely different person whenever the Redskins lose...its almost like a drug...he literally gets off on watching our frustration.

We, in Redskins Nation, who have been rooting for our team since birth, are tough because we understand this. We have suffered through it for years. Welcome to the club!

Your team played great! You exposed the phony Cowboy offense, much like we did on Sunday to Detroit.

Thank you for that. I'm sure that film will be well-worn in Foxboro, Philadelphia, at the Meadowlands and in the Skins' film room.

Here's to a good game (which the Skins win) when we face off later this year.

Hold your heads high--your team should be proud. Don't wallow in self hate! The football gods are smiling on Dallas right now, but are easily angered.

:salut:

I couldn't have said it better. Just replace the word Redskins with Giants and repeat this post but make it from me.

I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid and I have rooted for them for 33 yrs.

I can seriously admit, the call on the onside kick last night was legit. The Roy Williams horsecollar/face mask should have been a 20 yd penalty all together (5 for the face mask and 15 for the horsecollar). Cowboys played LOUSY last night, I'll be the first to admit it, we SUCKED. Our O line wasn't getting anything done, our receivers weren't open, but the Bills D was.

The Bills certainly out played us and if it weren't for a kicker (who I don't know the first thing about, i thought we still had the other guy) hitting that kick TWICE, we would have lost.

There is no way we should be 5-0 right now, it should be 4-1.

Gotta hand it to the Bills D they played a hell of a game and covered our guys better than any other team we have met thus far. We couldn't buy a TD the first half. Romo was sucking it up out there, I almost turned off the game, and I NEVER do that when the Boys are on.

Lonnie I can't wait til Thanksgiving, cause hopefully both our teams will have ironed out the kinks and it will be a great one

The Bills are one of those teams who find a way to lose games when they have no business losing. Regardless of officiating (I can't think of any agregiously bad calls), the Bills were going to lose.

I may be missing something here, but why is it that the Cowboys have a thread almost every week about them?

And why is it that 9 times out of 10 it's bad?

Do you realize that it's fans like you guys that make the Cowboys what they are?

Yeah, they are overly popular. I must agree. They have been my favorite team since I took intrest in football, at the age of 9. But this stuff just gets REAL OLD.

The Tennessee Titans played a horrible game Sunday, with 5 turnovers, and still won the game. Was there a thread about that? Not that I saw.

Why is that? Because it's the Titans. They are my local team and I didn't hear as much about them as I have the Cowboys.

Yes, they looked horrible last night. Yes, they shouldn't have won. I already stated all this HERE.

But the fact remains that if all the Cowboy Haters in the world wouldn't piss and moan about every little thing the Cowboys do, they wouldn't be as popular as they are.

Threads and articles like this just make me love the Cowboys more. Forget the fact that Romo looked like the worst quarterback in the league for 58 minutes but pulled himself together, forgot about the 6 turnovers, and in the end worked the Cowboys down the field and scored the Touchdown. Then the Cowboys get the onside kick which was the right call. And a rookie kicker comes in and kicks a field goal from a mile away and wins the game, after Jauron tried to ice him.

That couldn't have been the case, it had to be the refs not making calls and handing the game to the Cowboys.

It's just silly to make statements like that. If the Redskins, or Giants, or any other team for that matter had done what the Cowboys had done, it would be "Wow, what an effort in the final minutes to win that game after they played horribly for the first 3 and a half quarters."

But because it's the Cowboys, it's "The refs blew calls, the Cowboys got lucky. They stink and should be 4-1."

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did the Bills score a single offensive point? No, thanks to the Cowboys defense. The one time they even sniffed a touchdown Terence Newman picked it off and ran it back 60 yards. Saved the game in my opinion.

I know at the best, there will be Dallas haters who can't admit the Cowboys are simply a good ball team. But does there have to be a thread bashing them EVERY WEEK?

I have gotten kind of used to everyone kicking me for being a Cowboys fan. No biggy. we have had our great years, our so-so years and our "OMG I'm afraid to admit i'm a Cowboys fan" years. (those thankfully were when i was a kid)

Our D was about the only thing that did well last night. Romo was really not in a groove and I gotta hand it to the Bills, they really studied him and knew what he was up to and they kept the pressure on him.

People love to bash the Cowboys just because they are either ON or OFF. We have been fortunate the last 3 yrs to have put together a decent team that has been contending with Playoffs. Not a lot of other teams have been so lucky. Our draft picks have been good, even when we do something out of the ordinary and draft Defensive guys for the first round. We have been able to see where we need help and get the right people in there.

I think the Boys are just everyone's team that everyone wants to see lose. I personally love seeing them beat the odds when everyone is so down on them. Love watching them come back and win

I have always disliked the Cowboys simply because they are the team with the largest fan base. Same reason I dislike the Yankees, the Lakers and in hockey the Maple Leafs ( like a poison in Canada).

For that reason alone these teams will have the greatest amount of angst set against them during the season. No one makes threads about Tennessee overcoming a horrible performance because such a small percentage of fans see that as the limelight of the league.

Dallas has players like TO (arguably the most hated player) and Romo (a cinderella story many would love to see fail). They have a storied history of success and they have as many haters as they do fans. They are a team people love and a team people love to hate.

I dislike the Cowboys. I dislike most of their fans.

That said...I didn't see anything in the final minutes that raised any thoughts of favoritism. They reversed the TO catch. The onside kick was legit. If the Bills werent so putrid on offense, or the play calling so moronic at the end, the Bills would have left with a win gift wrapped by Romo.

I am not used to seeing a Redskins fan sry like this. I thought that was reserved for Pats fans moaning about how everyone hated them. :boohoo:

This post is kind of funny since last season the Deadskins won on some BS 15 Facemask call with 0:00 left on the clock. Talk about calls going one way!!! In my opinon the T.O. "drop" should have been ruled a catch and down by contact. The 2-point convs. should have been "D" P.I......face gaurding...the DB never played the ball!!! Its kind of nice to see these posts...it means the Cowboys must be winning!! Its only 1/3 of the way through the season....and its a long season! But none the less I will take 5-0 all day long!!!:clap:

Back