A hockey break to be seen

bajmurray

Prospect
Transactions: 6
This afternoon, Clouts'n'Chara had a special visit to their store in Kitchener, Ontario.

Phil Pritchard of the NHL showed up unannounced with the Stanley Cup!!!

How cool is that?

As part of the celebration, they held a quick 12-13 Cup case break, with the Stanley Cup actually on the table while they did it!

They will be posting a video of it on YouTube overnight. Once I locate it, I'll post the link here.

Very cool! I actually didn't know who Phil Pritchard was until I looked it up, but that is awesome! Can't wait to see the video.

They should have zoomed the camera out a little to get the entire cup in view but that is still, like he said, probably one of the coolest group breaks ever. I wonder who I need to call to get to do my basketball break with a Larry O'Brien in the background. :LOL:

Kudos to CnC for being able to get that done. That's just awesome!

The word was from the live feed prior to the break was that this was a complete surprise.

They are located in Kitchener, Ontario, about 1 1/2 hour drive from the big Hockey Card Expo in Toronto this weekend. The Cup is being put on display at the Upper Deck booth at the show (now that they will be the sole NHL/NHLPA licensee starting next season). Since C'n'C is one of the largest retailers of hockey cards, Upper Deck arranged for the Cup to visit for an hour or so. The Upper Deck rep and Phil Pritchard just walked through the front door with it!

That's cool Brian, Thanks for sharing, not sure how I missed that post! The Cup with a cool The Cup case break!

I knew three names out of all of those lol. I would have to do a retro break with 80's and 90's players. Always great to see Lord Stanley's cup even made its home here in Carolina for a season!

Back