A 3-card PC....

Indiana Jones

Old stuff
Transactions: 4
What are the THREE single cards in your collection that would be the core of your collection that would represent you best?

So far, I could only come up with two for myself:
1887 Allen & Ginter N27 King Kelly
1986 Fleer Michael Jordan RC

Too tough a question. I'm not sure just 3 cards represent me best. Even picking a top 5 is hard for me.

1976 Topps Walter Payton PSA 7 (need to upgrade)
1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr PSA 9 (again, need to upgrade)
2003 Contenders Championship Ticket AU Kyle Boller 1/1?

I want to get a Payton 9 and a 2001 Topps Stars Auto PSA 10 Payton auto, and a PSA 10 Griffey...the Griffey runs around $300...the Payton 9 will run me $500-$800 I figure, and the Payton Auto when at auction ends around $500 to $650

Payton was my favorite growing up in football, Griffey my favorite baseball player, and Boller is my MASSIVE player collection, I suppose I have a huge Griffey collection as well, but even with around 8000 cards, its sell value is likely lower than my Boller collection, simply due to the number of 1/1s, Autos, and Jerseys...

now that I have my flipping to a solid profit level, it wouldn't be too hard to knock these cards off and maintain a solid inventory...my 'cash' profit for the first quarter was a bit low, but my card addition was pretty solid...I figure at the end of any promotion I could knock at least one of these off the list, especially if I quit buying between listing promotions...

right now I have about $180 in recent purchases I am still awaiting arrival on, its over 200 autos and jerseys plus 2 to the ladies line auto collection

hmmmm still thinking but it would probably be:

1965 Topps Ernie Banks
1970 Kellogg's Sonny Jurgensen
1970 or 1971 Topps Ted Williams

and probably one or two 1974 or 75 Topps Baseball cards would be contenders.

2012 Panini Limited Monikers Pete Rose GU Bat/ Auto 01/25
1997 Donruss Signatue Johnny Bench Auto 0255/2000
2010 Rookies & Stars Tony Romo GU Jersey/ Auto 10/10

Honorable Mention
1982 Topps Cal Ripken, Jr. Rookie

Tough call but MJ exquisite aut0,lebron spx auto , and Joe DiMaggio pinnacle auto. Bad thing is I am a football collector lol!

After thinking about this one for a while I've finally came to a conclusion. First of all, this was tough! In order to make up my mind, though, I just sat and thought if someone were going to take my entire collection and tell me I could only keep 3 cards, these are the ones I would keep:

2001-02 Topps Chrome Refractors Black Border Tony Parker #155 /50
2007-08 Exquisite Collection Limited Logos Tony Parker #LLPA /50
2012 Limited Jumbo Jerseys Autographs Prime Tony Romo #34 /10

None of them are extremely valuable, but they're all worth a lot to me.

That is what is REALLY important!

I couldn't agree more, and that's something that I'd really like to see a lot more across this hobby. Unfortunately, though, that's just not the case. Too many people are concerned with the value of their collections. You know what's funny is that every single one of my Tony Parker cards is in a sleeve and toploader or encased by beckett grading. I'm talking about base, plain inserts, etc. Literally, every single one of them are protected by at least a sleeve/toploader. I probably have quite a bit more money in the supplies protecting those cards than what the cards are actually worth, but I really couldn't care less.

-Sammy Baugh NT cut auto "best wishes" inscription
-Otis Amey 1/1 Contenders auto
-Jim Thorpe 08 Classics 1/1 cut auto

Oddly, only one Redskins card in the lot.
I probably should have listed my Sammy Baugh Leaf Limited Cut Sig, or my Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch Leaf Limited cut sig, but cut sigs DO NOT represent ME. (or do they? My speech/writing patterns are often a bit clipped. :ROFLMAO:)

Back