8/17/15 Update - 03 Honors "Plates" set @ 97.5%, Where is the Edgerrin James?

Krusin

retired hippie
Do you have it? Have you seen it? (set pic's below)

Edit : 8/17/15 - Still looking, Year 13 in the search. Only 1 set will ever be complete & I hope it's this one.

Search at 13 years & counting, I'll be bumping this thread once or twice a year untill I find the rascal. Only one person will ever be able to finish this set & I hope it's me. As of now only 8 sets could be this far along as that's the lowest serial #'d card besides the James 1/1.
The set is 2003 Playoff Honors "Plates" the card I'm missing is # 17 - Edgerrin James, I have a "Plates & Patches" card as a stand in untill I find the missing link. I realize the card may still be in a box or pack but I'm putting the word out on all of the boards I'm on just in case someone has it or may of seen it.
So here's what I have in hand, enjoy.
Plates01.jpg

Plates02.jpg

Plates3.jpg

Plates04.jpg

Plates05.jpg

Here's how I display the set-

Last edited:
Very nice looking set, Bud! You should try to contact edgerrin32 on TCC. He super collects Edgerrin James, so maybe he has a few of them and will trade you one.

He doesn't have it & has told me if he ever found it I'd never see it. I've quit going to TCC, but not because of that.

Great set! Would definitely be yours if I found one. Bad thing is cards that low numbered, so tough to know what happened. Like maybe some kid pulled it and is keeping it for sentimental value or one of a hundred other things! Good luck finding it, and the set looks great in the frame!

I'm starting to realize that if you don't grab something up within a year or two of release it can be a rare opportunity for it to appear again. Trying to find a 20 year old Marino card I need is frickin difficult.

So what's in numbered to?? 1/1? Asked a colts collector on Beckett if he had one, he didn't think so but asked what the print run was. Good luck that's a beauty

Back